Return to Website

AustinDiggers.com - Arrowhead Message Boards

THE MESSAGE BOARD POINT CHATTER IS NOW CLOSED TO ALL NEW POSTS.

WE HAVE MOVED TO THE NEW MESSAGE BOARD AND ALL NEW PICTURES AND POSTS WILL BE THERE FROM 4-16-2014 FORWARD.

THIS BOARD WILL CONTINUE TO BE HERE ONLY FOR INFORMATION AND TO READ / SEE ALL OLD POSTS.

GO TO AUSTINDIGGER.COM  - LOCATE THE LINK FOR POINT CHATTER II
AND LOG IN AND CHAT WITH US AND SHARE YOUR FINDS.
ALL NEW WEBSITE - ALL NEW MESSAGE BOARDS.

WE NOW HAVE PICTURE HOSTING !! LOG IN AND NOW YOU CAN EVEN POST YOUR PICTURES FROM YOUR PHONES - WELCOME TO 2014 HUH 8)

SEE YOU THERE - MICHELLE

Point Chatter - AustinDiggers.com - Arrowhead Message Board
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
A few of my collections

I keep my points seperated by sites. Here are three personal find collections. First is Joe's in Hamilton on the Leon River. Second is Larry Ray's in Oglesby on The Leon River, and third is FRL. Hope you enjoy.
Joe's Hamilton on The Leon
Larry Ray's Oglesby on The Leon
Leaky on Frio River

Re: A few of my collections

That's three top drawer frames of points, really nice,lots of Texas point types represented there. Are you a surface hunter or digger? Thanks for some great pics.

I've been hand digging for about fifteen years.

Very Nice collections, the Leon River is one of the most artifact prolific areas in the state. Thank You for sharing the photos!

Very impressive

Yeah, great memories.
Really classic C-tang proportions. What could the craftsman possibly have on the brain to create a point with long, thin, delicate barb like in that top frame, middle right ?

Well now, what a nice portfolio with a grand array fine Texas points. Well done!

Pat, Your very own DOUGLAS is The Larry Ray's efficianado. [ DONT mention that I called him that
big, long word ! ]

I don't live too far from the leon, do you know where I could pay to dig in this area, just moved to brownwood from artifact rich kerr county, please help!

Hey woolseyman. Nice frames. Would you happen to have some contact info on Joe's? Thanks.

Always enjoy looking at points........Thanks

Joes is on the leon river at Hwy22 and Hamilton. out behind the pecan trees. going west on 22 cross leon river, next left at dirt rd, house is about 1/2 mile down road on left. lots of crap in yard. old man joe. I wouldnt suggest going without someone who has dug there lots cuz you will be digging in throw back if not.

I appreciate the info. I've heard he's kinda nuts. What do you think? Still some pretty good stuff coming out of there? Thanks again.

joes

hey iam new to the area been hunting numerous times really great hobbie any ways i was wondering if we could get to gether sometime and go hunting on the leon river it would be awsome if we could my name is kenneth parrish its my hobbie lots of points to share cant load them though but it would be awsome if i could hunt there with you i have looked every were cant find no spots e-mail me if interested or call me at 1-325-748-2070 i live in blanket thank you this is for the guy hunting on the leon river thank you have a nice day

Hi Wooly, How much does Joe's charge? Just a drop in place, somebody to collect $ at any time?

That Leon R must have been an interstate [intercounty]
for the old travelers, good looking flint right down
past Chrisners part of the Leon drainages.

If thats a good looking WELLS in your Joe's frame,
thats good proof of a lot of a lot of history at that
camp, anything left ?

I clicked " send " too quick !

I should have said an inter-county past Larry Ray's.
The Larry's frame looks like at least two classic
style Wells in top row.

NOW sending!

Joes was $25/ day all the dirt you can move. you can drive right up to the hole if you can get through the gate. that is if he is home. If yall want to get a group going, I will show yall where I would dig. I have two spots there and I know Joes needs the money. Yhe main problem is that you must be able to move lots af dirt and right now the ground is like concrete. we can always go try and if it dont work out we can go to Larry rays...... It will be at least a couple of weeks before I can go there. I havnt been there in a year, but as long as he is still alive, it would give yall a place to dig. i was told it was dug out when I started going there. and you can see what I have found there...

Wooly, Tks a lot for all that added info. I"m interested, In this part of the world, October
is said [ by some] to be the best month of the year.
And it's a logical practice run for DIGFEST !
You indicate at least SOME of the above Joe's frame
is under "dugout" conditions, thats fine, I actually
prefer that for various reasons [ not the least of which is that 98% of the points you see here on this
channel, since DEC 07, is ALL from dugouts]

We'll be back to you in about 30 days.

do u know where larry rays might be at

Larry Rays is on the Leon outside if Oglesby. About 15 minutes from Chrisners. Brad, the skid loader would be good at Joes if you got teeth on it. The ground is tough. I aint been there in a year but I am willing to give it a go. I think there is a ton of digging left. I was the last one there for about the last year of digging and I have two three areas where I left off.