Return to Website

AustinDiggers.com - Arrowhead Message Boards

THE MESSAGE BOARD POINT CHATTER IS NOW CLOSED TO ALL NEW POSTS.

WE HAVE MOVED TO THE NEW MESSAGE BOARD AND ALL NEW PICTURES AND POSTS WILL BE THERE FROM 4-16-2014 FORWARD.

THIS BOARD WILL CONTINUE TO BE HERE ONLY FOR INFORMATION AND TO READ / SEE ALL OLD POSTS.

GO TO AUSTINDIGGER.COM  - LOCATE THE LINK FOR POINT CHATTER II
AND LOG IN AND CHAT WITH US AND SHARE YOUR FINDS.
ALL NEW WEBSITE - ALL NEW MESSAGE BOARDS.

WE NOW HAVE PICTURE HOSTING !! LOG IN AND NOW YOU CAN EVEN POST YOUR PICTURES FROM YOUR PHONES - WELCOME TO 2014 HUH 8)

SEE YOU THERE - MICHELLE

Point Chatter - AustinDiggers.com - Arrowhead Message Board
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
4 SAM , FRL

Looks like good WX for the fly in this wkend. For a
while there it looked like ultralight hurricane
chasers !

Happy flint N Flyin

Re: 4 SAM , FRL

How did the fly-in go Sam? We know how the flint went !

Hal,

We had 20 hang gliders, 5 paragliders and 5 powered ultralight aircraft. Altitude gains of 6500AGL were reported.
Dolly gave us some rain Wed. and Thurs. Twice now in 7 years of the fly-in, a hurricane blew in days before.
We had a few diggers, they got to see what else we do here at FRL, other than dig flint. I went out to the dig today, first time in weeks.

Later,
Sam

Good report Sam, My condolences for weeks of no
digging. Effie must be really beat is she was
keeping up the family reputation in your absence.

I see Rutan is getting ready to fire people into space, Why dont you get that Ultralight you've
wanted [ two place ] and fire some diggers into
low orbit over the dig site for a fee. Holding up one of the transparent points is called a "sky shot"
it might be worth the $ for some diggers to get an
"orbit shot"

Welcome back

Hal, Michelle,

Buz as closed the dig site. A family thing, seems like. I don't know details.. You can PM me.
I suppose the pay dig page should be removed too. Thanks for all the help.

Sam @ FRL

FRL closed?

Wow !

Sorry to hear that yall! I will take off the listing.. Tell me if anything changes in the future and we can always re-post the ad!

Take care and keep in touch! Thanks for your wonderful hospitality!!!

Wow! And I didn't even get to brake the toilet seat or anything Sam !

I hope that in the future it re-opens. Saddens me to hear that kinda of news...I just pulled a 4.5" friday out . Thanks for being such great hosts Sam and Effie; I hope it wasn't anything as a result of what happened while diggers were there. Please contact me if anything changes or if invite only digs are permitted. Thanks again for having shared a great campsite with, at least a few of us, that appreciate such things.

Never have so many found so much for so little.
It was a terrific 11 month run,
Future generations will marvel at the "old timers"
stories and pictures of works of art from the Ole FRL.

So back to "normal", the longhorns get their acerage back, the flint storeage depot reverts back to a hanger and anyone in the know, when driving down the
entry road can look over and visualise real Texas
history.

Thanks Folks, see you at digfest ?

Brad, you may have been the last person to find an artifact at FRL. If not, you were one of the last that's for sure. Don't know if that's worthy of a thumbs up or thumbs down.