Return to Website

AustinDiggers.com - Arrowhead Message Boards

THE MESSAGE BOARD POINT CHATTER IS NOW CLOSED TO ALL NEW POSTS.

WE HAVE MOVED TO THE NEW MESSAGE BOARD AND ALL NEW PICTURES AND POSTS WILL BE THERE FROM 4-16-2014 FORWARD.

THIS BOARD WILL CONTINUE TO BE HERE ONLY FOR INFORMATION AND TO READ / SEE ALL OLD POSTS.

GO TO AUSTINDIGGER.COM  - LOCATE THE LINK FOR POINT CHATTER II
AND LOG IN AND CHAT WITH US AND SHARE YOUR FINDS.
ALL NEW WEBSITE - ALL NEW MESSAGE BOARDS.

WE NOW HAVE PICTURE HOSTING !! LOG IN AND NOW YOU CAN EVEN POST YOUR PICTURES FROM YOUR PHONES - WELCOME TO 2014 HUH 8)

SEE YOU THERE - MICHELLE

Point Chatter - AustinDiggers.com - Arrowhead Message Board
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Its gonna be hot.

They are calling for 103-105 this weekend. I am gonna get out and do some early morning digging and some early evening digging. Hope it is productive for all this weekend.
Have fun Dont let your tools get rusty.

Re: Its gonna be hot.

Your right, 105* digging is a challenge.
The only thing I can think of WORSE, is digging [ trying to ] in the rain at any temp.

Yeah Leonard- hot is the word. I'm headed out surface hunting here in a little while. Be sure and drink plenty of water, I had a heat stroke out hunting arrowheads back in the late 70's and ended up in the hospital so take care of yourself.

Did ya find anything this weekend? Major props for digging in this heat!

Yes Leonard, I can attest that it was hot in Paleo Pinto (oops wishful thinking) County this weekend.

We dug in the shade late yesterday and early this a.m. in our little overhang. All we found were a few broken points, a tooth, and one rattlesnake. It was 103 when we left today.

Hey Ya'll
I really talk big. I did not even leave Arlington this weekend. I stayed home. Read the newspaper went to lunch with my wife yesterday. Today slept in then made blueberry pancakes.And did nothing else
Maybe I will run out this week. The rocks will be there later.Heck they have been in the dirt for quite a while anyways. It will take me years to find them all. So why be in a hurry?

Ha! I'm not an indoor guy but today I went to church, came home and watched young guns 2 and didn't complain.... I think I got sun-burned sitting in my living room.

Not to worry, Brad and his buddies got enough at FRL
to cover for all diggers in ALL of Texas. See his
great finds under another heading today. Not only were they physically hot but they found a "hot" [rich]
digging local.

Wonder how Sam and HIS aviatin buddies made out ? This was the weekend of the big fly-in.
Aircraft dont usually like high temps !

The seasons are changing, no more high heat in TX,
we can settle in to some nice comfortable high 90's
for a while.

For those with a short memory though, here is
a reminder of what lies ahead. . .
Photobucket

Was it too cold for eyeballs, too?

That is what I have been waiting on!