Return to Website

AustinDiggers.com - Arrowhead Message Boards

THE MESSAGE BOARD POINT CHATTER IS NOW CLOSED TO ALL NEW POSTS.

WE HAVE MOVED TO THE NEW MESSAGE BOARD AND ALL NEW PICTURES AND POSTS WILL BE THERE FROM 4-16-2014 FORWARD.

THIS BOARD WILL CONTINUE TO BE HERE ONLY FOR INFORMATION AND TO READ / SEE ALL OLD POSTS.

GO TO AUSTINDIGGER.COM  - LOCATE THE LINK FOR POINT CHATTER II
AND LOG IN AND CHAT WITH US AND SHARE YOUR FINDS.
ALL NEW WEBSITE - ALL NEW MESSAGE BOARDS.

WE NOW HAVE PICTURE HOSTING !! LOG IN AND NOW YOU CAN EVEN POST YOUR PICTURES FROM YOUR PHONES - WELCOME TO 2014 HUH 8)

SEE YOU THERE - MICHELLE

Point Chatter - AustinDiggers.com - Arrowhead Message Board
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
thanks DJ for the tip. what is this

this item looks like it almost has a face on it and a real peculiar notch in the back side that is about 3/16 sq and runs along the back, the stone is extremely hard and well polished, not consistent with any fossil Ive found. Also i think i found the first lacrosse ball known to man also very densePhotobucket

Re: thanks DJ for the tip. what is this

HEH Rick. Look at my collection on Michelles FRIENDS collections. Mine is under MarkR from Ohio.
I found a rock that has or looks like a face.
Yours is very interesting. The other looks like a game ball

Game ball is reasonable.
Be nice if the "other object" had better defined
hand of man indications, like peck marks or scratches,
hammerstone marks or nutter depresion. So on a balance scale of tool on the left and natural on the
right, it might tend a we bit lower on the right.

I believe you've got an abrading stone there, for sharpening finished blades and points. The deep channel is the key feature of interest.

The other indentations could very well be for nutting or any other number of daily activities that we can't exactly picture.

So you could have found the very first "all in one tool"; just a little more bulky to carry around than a leatherman.

The First item looks suspiciously like a fossilized segment of a large ammonite. If so, it has certainly been rough tumbled down a creekbed for a long time.

Mike thats what i was thinking but the material seems so hard and dense almost like a granite and the notch in the back is real weird its just a little over 1/8 inch ss and runs the length of the v grove. Could this be the seam of some shell ? You would have to see it in person to see the oval on each side