Return to Website

AustinDiggers.com - Arrowhead Message Boards

THE MESSAGE BOARD POINT CHATTER IS NOW CLOSED TO ALL NEW POSTS.

WE HAVE MOVED TO THE NEW MESSAGE BOARD AND ALL NEW PICTURES AND POSTS WILL BE THERE FROM 4-16-2014 FORWARD.

THIS BOARD WILL CONTINUE TO BE HERE ONLY FOR INFORMATION AND TO READ / SEE ALL OLD POSTS.

GO TO AUSTINDIGGER.COM  - LOCATE THE LINK FOR POINT CHATTER II
AND LOG IN AND CHAT WITH US AND SHARE YOUR FINDS.
ALL NEW WEBSITE - ALL NEW MESSAGE BOARDS.

WE NOW HAVE PICTURE HOSTING !! LOG IN AND NOW YOU CAN EVEN POST YOUR PICTURES FROM YOUR PHONES - WELCOME TO 2014 HUH 8)

SEE YOU THERE - MICHELLE

Point Chatter - AustinDiggers.com - Arrowhead Message Board
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
KrauseSprings

I'm going to Randy's in the morning. Was wondering about Krause Springs dig. Basically, if they are doing a dig and some contact info. Thanks.

Re: KrauseSprings

Never been there, never done that !

Looks like HEAPS of info [ except digging ? ]. . . .

google, , , , KRAUSE SPRINGS TEXAS

Brad- good luck tommorow. Let me know what ya find.

I do not believe there would be any digs allowed at Krause Springs as it is listed on the National Register of Historic Places because of the undisturbed midden located on the property. The parking lots around the swimming pool and the road leading up to the springs area will turn up broken and occasionally complete points after a hard rain. In fact the entire area was probably a camp for thousands of years judging by what I have seen show up after a rain. It is a really beautiful place.

Joe T's input is 100% correct. The Chief Pecker confirmed that to me this morn. NO digging but
surface hunting is permitted. Yes, it was a very
active ancient peoples local, even they apreciated
real beauty.

I did see lots of info on the web, just nothing on any digging. I guess I know why now. It looks like an awesome place.
Thanks for checking, Hal.

BTW, I did find some points at randy's but no big blades. I left yesterday at 3am and sifted 8 loads and dug 15 sq feet and came back with a nap arrived in Mineral Wells at 645am.
I found a LaJita, 2 gowers a Nolan and base broken Kinney blade, broken covington knife and a couple other pieces of big blades and one hell of a heartbreaker perd base. I'll see if David will post a pic for me. I'm loading the wagon for Port A. See y'all Sunday.

Sounds good Brad, can't wait for to see em'. Have fun at Port A.

hey Brad...... 8 loads and all that sq ft... What does it cost now at Randy's??

Port A after a mini hurricane, sounds like someone is
after all the washed up goodies after a mini hurricane passing !

I'm back with no spoils from PortA. Didn't do much but play with my three boys in the surf and sand, drank some beer ate some seafood and relaxed for once on a "vacation". We fished a little and caught a few but really enjoyed the trip.

I forgot to metion on my post before that Randy is a good guy and host. Showed me the ins and outs of officially digging for artifacts like that and shared a lot of cool info about the place. Thanks, Randy.

I'll try again to download some pics.