Return to Website

AustinDiggers.com - Arrowhead Message Boards

THE MESSAGE BOARD POINT CHATTER IS NOW CLOSED TO ALL NEW POSTS.

WE HAVE MOVED TO THE NEW MESSAGE BOARD AND ALL NEW PICTURES AND POSTS WILL BE THERE FROM 4-16-2014 FORWARD.

THIS BOARD WILL CONTINUE TO BE HERE ONLY FOR INFORMATION AND TO READ / SEE ALL OLD POSTS.

GO TO AUSTINDIGGER.COM  - LOCATE THE LINK FOR POINT CHATTER II
AND LOG IN AND CHAT WITH US AND SHARE YOUR FINDS.
ALL NEW WEBSITE - ALL NEW MESSAGE BOARDS.

WE NOW HAVE PICTURE HOSTING !! LOG IN AND NOW YOU CAN EVEN POST YOUR PICTURES FROM YOUR PHONES - WELCOME TO 2014 HUH 8)

SEE YOU THERE - MICHELLE

Point Chatter - AustinDiggers.com - Arrowhead Message Board
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Got Balls ?

I must have been in the toys r us section this morning,Two of these stones were on the top surface, and two more found directly under the other's. I don't know if these were game ball's or not.Not a bad day though,found another cave,and what looks like a small burial mound,about 10' x 10'.One really nice grinder that's broken,in the lower left.Plus what looks like a joint bone? I'm sure Geo could tell me more about this fossil.The black one seems to be iron ore.

Got Balls ?

Re: Got Balls ?

RY, I might be inclined to say most of those are hammerstones...that's my opinion. Might be right, might be wrong.

Good Lord!After 35 years of diggin,that's why I did'nt bother to post for several weeks.Everyone here knows more than all the University's put together..Might I ask how long you have been collecting?Do you think I don't know the difference???? I won't bother posting again.I thought I would give it another chance....Oh well! Go Pay to Play...I would love to hear all the stories from people that paid, and did'nt find a thing.Good hunting everyone,and good luck,have a nice life! I'm done!

What is that reply before this one about?

hey that bootom stone on the left looks like a mountain goat picture on it lol

what do ya'll think

Uhhhhh... what just happened?
RY, I greatly enjoy learning and finding artifacts. I'm sure you know much more than I do and I am pleased knowing that. Part of learning is getting up to bat and taking a swing at it. Like I said, I might be wrong or right. Never the less, I'm learning, and am enjoying learning. I think anyone on the website should feel welcome including kids as well as adults, to take a stab at identifying and artifact whether they are wrong or right. If there is something negative to say I would request taking it away from the website and corresponding through email or dropping the subject entirely.

WOW, Didn't see that coming!!!!!
Did I miss a post after RY posted his finds? I did not read anything condesending in any of the replies.
Thats all I am going to say!!!

Cheese and Rice! See what happens when I step out for a smoke! Don't run off my RY

NICE finds! I see some game balls and some others thingys? The one looks like sand stone ???

Ya got to wonder them little nakked guys maning mano's out of sand stone .. Wonder how much rock and sand they ATE a year just by making there lunch!

Post on RY! We love you

Michelle

PS: I have 3 small game balls.... They all fit inside a larger medicine bottle .. All about the same size.... WHat the heck kind of game were they playing with these anyway?

Hay guys...

Don't turn this into something that it dosen't have to be please ...

Nice finds RY

Michelle
Austindiggers.. you know.. THE FAMILY FRIENDLY SITE!

What is going on here? I am getting scared again.

The funny thing about it is that everyone is entitled to their opinion, and we'll never actually know what they were really used for. Just a guess. Your guess is just as close as Travis'.

Some nice stuff though. I think Travis may be right.

Thanks for sharing. I've been digging and surface hunting for over 25 years, and I I really don't have a clue what they are. I have a degree but it's not in Archeology.. That field never did pay enough.

Next to the large point on the left (what type is it?), is a small leaf point-blade that look's like a Zella to me. Am I on the right track?
Silver

Ry, I am a newbie here so I hope that I don't ruin my reputation right out of the gate but since you ask about these stones, let me tell you what I have been told about gamestones, or at least some of them. I have several, the largest being about 2.50 inches in diameter, another about 2, so I searched for info on them a number of years ago. This is a possibility that I don't think can be easily discarded.
Here goes...have you ever heard about how the plant eating dinosaurs digested the vast amount of vegetation they consumed? They are said to have stones in their stomachs that helped them churn things up. When the dinosaurs died off, their bodied decayed and what was left were the stones. The Indians found them and made use of them as game stones. I am just telling you what I have heard so you may want to investigate further. Thanks for showing your finds!! Very nice.

I think the one on the lower right is a used up bowling stone for people with little fingers.
Geeeez! RY, coniption fits like that will putcha in the hospilla. Ease up a notch and live longer so that more people like that evil Travis will have more time to wizz you off.

Thank you for your support!

PS:

I do see that mountain goat.

Yeah, that's the one. I think it was Lee that brought it up way up the line. Very observant. Back to the goat: Maybe the dark stone toward the upper right was a giant petrified goat dropping? Just my opinion.
Please don't bite.