Return to Website

AustinDiggers.com - Arrowhead Message Boards

THE MESSAGE BOARD POINT CHATTER IS NOW CLOSED TO ALL NEW POSTS.

WE HAVE MOVED TO THE NEW MESSAGE BOARD AND ALL NEW PICTURES AND POSTS WILL BE THERE FROM 4-16-2014 FORWARD.

THIS BOARD WILL CONTINUE TO BE HERE ONLY FOR INFORMATION AND TO READ / SEE ALL OLD POSTS.

GO TO AUSTINDIGGER.COM  - LOCATE THE LINK FOR POINT CHATTER II
AND LOG IN AND CHAT WITH US AND SHARE YOUR FINDS.
ALL NEW WEBSITE - ALL NEW MESSAGE BOARDS.

WE NOW HAVE PICTURE HOSTING !! LOG IN AND NOW YOU CAN EVEN POST YOUR PICTURES FROM YOUR PHONES - WELCOME TO 2014 HUH 8)

SEE YOU THERE - MICHELLE

Point Chatter - AustinDiggers.com - Arrowhead Message Board
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Seeking Paleo Dig

So its been just about a year ago since I first found this site and my eagerness to play in the dirt all the time. For the length of time I have been doing it, I think I've done rather well as far as the collection goes. I have a nice wide variety of date periods represented by some really fantastic pieces (at least for me). <---- (I'll be posting a 1 year thank you with pictures of each killer point this week sometime)
What I do not have (or have access to at this point), is anything pre-Archaic. I would love to go on a paleo dig to celebrate my 1 year anniversary.
I know paleo is a much "thinner" layer and not as many pieces are found...but please..if you know of a pay dig or private that has paleo possibility, I would be grateful for " a shot at the title".

Re: Seeking Paleo Dig

Brad-can't wait to see your points.
email me. I might be able to help you with the "Paleo Possiblity" I know a guy down in the hill country.

bluesurf1978@yahoo.com

Awesome, thanks ofr the tips.

I do plan on attending digfest this year; and oddly enough it is just a few days after my actual birthday...so I get to have 2 partys.

I stopped by Chrisner's on the way back from the North
Texas digfeast. Following pic is Richard's share
[ one third ] of the paleo found at his camp.
He said since he had other trenching to do for "normal
people" if there was any birthday children in the party, he would do a paleo trench as a special present.

There was a scientific style record kept of the original excavations and a paper will appear in the
Archalogical journal soon.
I just think it's neat that it was a true camp
10K years ago rather than a random point find 12
feet below an Ensor camp !
Photobucket

That's what I'm talking about.

You gotta love the Paleo points.