Return to Website

AustinDiggers.com - Arrowhead Message Boards

THE MESSAGE BOARD POINT CHATTER IS NOW CLOSED TO ALL NEW POSTS.

WE HAVE MOVED TO THE NEW MESSAGE BOARD AND ALL NEW PICTURES AND POSTS WILL BE THERE FROM 4-16-2014 FORWARD.

THIS BOARD WILL CONTINUE TO BE HERE ONLY FOR INFORMATION AND TO READ / SEE ALL OLD POSTS.

GO TO AUSTINDIGGER.COM  - LOCATE THE LINK FOR POINT CHATTER II
AND LOG IN AND CHAT WITH US AND SHARE YOUR FINDS.
ALL NEW WEBSITE - ALL NEW MESSAGE BOARDS.

WE NOW HAVE PICTURE HOSTING !! LOG IN AND NOW YOU CAN EVEN POST YOUR PICTURES FROM YOUR PHONES - WELCOME TO 2014 HUH 8)

SEE YOU THERE - MICHELLE

Point Chatter - AustinDiggers.com - Arrowhead Message Board
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Redstone point in Central Texas?

I have recently found a triangular double fluted point at one of my spots. I contacted everyone I could, studied hesters books, Overstreet, contacted collectors and professors, and many painstaking hours of the net, about this point. It is 2' long and triangular in shape. It has a needle point, convex sides, concave base, its right hand bevelled. It has a tiny piece chipped at the base, overall it is a gorgeous, beautifully flakes artifact! We finally came to the conclusion that its a Redstone, never even heard of one because they are extremely rare and they are a southeastern point! If this is true I would never believe it, I have found mucho paleo bases and broke stuff on this hill, but this is amazing if it really turns out to be one. I am just very excited about this. If anyone has heard of one these or has any info about this point, please let me know. I would love to hear how crazy I am from you guys but please have some info with it! Thanks

Re: Redstone point in Central Texas?

Why don't you post some photo's so we can see what you referring to. A photo of both sides, photo from the side & an angled one to highlight the flaking would assist in determining the type. It sounds similiar to a Luton from S. Texas of which I have one.
silver

Silver what is a Luton point? you are kidding me right, my last name is Luton, Charles Luton! Can someone tell me how to send pictures to this forum, I would love let you look at this point.

Photobucket.com create a profile, load your pictures to photobucket, copy the html code and paste it on your reply. See if that helps.

Keep all your photos and videos in one place at Photobucket.
Click the Upload button
Choose images, photos, or videos from your computer. You can upload up to 50 at a time.
Add titles, descriptions, and tags after upload if you want to

If you just want to share one image you can:
Copy and share the Email & IM link below your image or video, or
Link to your images or videos on your profile or blog pages by copying the HTML code

I MADE A MISTAKE!
The point type I should've mentioned is an ANTHON!
Sorry to have gotten confused but I had a brain fart.
Silver