Return to Website

AustinDiggers.com - Arrowhead Message Boards

THE MESSAGE BOARD POINT CHATTER IS NOW CLOSED TO ALL NEW POSTS.

WE HAVE MOVED TO THE NEW MESSAGE BOARD AND ALL NEW PICTURES AND POSTS WILL BE THERE FROM 4-16-2014 FORWARD.

THIS BOARD WILL CONTINUE TO BE HERE ONLY FOR INFORMATION AND TO READ / SEE ALL OLD POSTS.

GO TO AUSTINDIGGER.COM  - LOCATE THE LINK FOR POINT CHATTER II
AND LOG IN AND CHAT WITH US AND SHARE YOUR FINDS.
ALL NEW WEBSITE - ALL NEW MESSAGE BOARDS.

WE NOW HAVE PICTURE HOSTING !! LOG IN AND NOW YOU CAN EVEN POST YOUR PICTURES FROM YOUR PHONES - WELCOME TO 2014 HUH 8)

SEE YOU THERE - MICHELLE

Point Chatter - AustinDiggers.com - Arrowhead Message Board
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Flint birthday...

Well here it is August. In the past year, I've gone from absolutely no knowledge about digging, to a least a stable base level knowledge of most things we as diggers associate with what we do. (reading the dirt for the right combination at a dig to maximize your finding potential..occupation signs..seeing charcoal, bone, vegetation remains, snail, pressure or percussion flaking, thinning or finishing flaking, etc)

I wanted to take the time to thank everyone on this forum that has helped me gain this knowledge through my many posts rambling about a flake I found or what-have-you.

My collection is still small, but it does contain some really killer points that I was lucky enough to stumble on. I'll try to keep the number of pics down and group the artifacts by areas they were found it..I'll get closeups of the ones I consider high grade finds.

Some of what is in my frame is heartbrokes..just barelys etc.....I cycle that stuff out as I find stuff that is in the killer range. I have probably 12 gallon zip bags full of broken pieces parts middles tips...a whole drawer full of scrapers, preforms, hammerstones, manos, 2 complete matates, a date stone, and other various hand tools. Then I keep all my good heartbroke stuff separate so I can figure out how to display them in a manner that makes them look awesome too.

All in all, I'm satisfied with a years progress...I look forward to many more. Thanks again..enjoy the pics!

Photobucket
PhotobucketPhotobucket
Photobucket

Re: Flint birthday...

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

hmm forgot the Frio group pic!

Photobucket

Brad- nice collection my friend. This is some great stuff and you have really outdone yourself for your rookie season. Very impressive

Happy Birthday

Keep on learning keep on digging or surface hunting. When it is hot outside keep some thing cold in your hand

I'd say that youv'e had a pretty good first year Brad, and I'll bet you have twice as much after the second! It's ah jim-dandy of a bug to be bitten isn't it. Keep on ah diggin!
Nice Finds!

Good show, that is a good collection going from zero to now.
Each of those brokes had their own story, sometime
you might come across the right project to get them
out of the bags.

Looks like you have a good collection started Brad. It may be hard to duplicate that year with FRL out of the equation.

One must not dwell on things...just move forward. Somewhere out there is another FRL waiting.