Return to Website

AustinDiggers.com - Arrowhead Message Boards

THE MESSAGE BOARD POINT CHATTER IS NOW CLOSED TO ALL NEW POSTS.

WE HAVE MOVED TO THE NEW MESSAGE BOARD AND ALL NEW PICTURES AND POSTS WILL BE THERE FROM 4-16-2014 FORWARD.

THIS BOARD WILL CONTINUE TO BE HERE ONLY FOR INFORMATION AND TO READ / SEE ALL OLD POSTS.

GO TO AUSTINDIGGER.COM  - LOCATE THE LINK FOR POINT CHATTER II
AND LOG IN AND CHAT WITH US AND SHARE YOUR FINDS.
ALL NEW WEBSITE - ALL NEW MESSAGE BOARDS.

WE NOW HAVE PICTURE HOSTING !! LOG IN AND NOW YOU CAN EVEN POST YOUR PICTURES FROM YOUR PHONES - WELCOME TO 2014 HUH 8)

SEE YOU THERE - MICHELLE

Point Chatter - AustinDiggers.com - Arrowhead Message Board
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Clay Co. finds

I dug these 3 yesterday. Two heart-breakers and what I think might be a worn down Talco. Clay co. is up there in North Central Texas 15 minutes south of the Red River. The Stone Artifacts book places Talco's around North East Texas as apposed to North Central Texas. I guess regions can vary some. But,.. I dunno. Maybe it's something else. I did find gobbs of mussell shells and burned rock. Not many flint flakes but a few points.

Photobucket

Re: Clay Co. finds

You sure have an eye for the smaller things, huh? Good job.
Randy said that most would have blown right through the two smaller Gowers that I found digging at his place.

Brad- Yeah, I wish there was some way to find those birds with the efficientcy as half inch screens. (especially on a pay dig). I dug those with a 1/4 inch screen yesterday. But, I'm not on a paydig or anything.

Travis
Great job.
Better than my place has been
we need someone to do a very good rain dance

yeah but I'm due up at your place. plus, it's fun. It's thundering outside right now but we need few days of this stuff.

just saw the weather .
Maybe I will get some C-4 to clear some siften dirt.

ka-boom!

Yo Travis, Seems you always find SOMETHING where you are digging, You say your using a 1/4 screen . . .
You gotta find a way to up the volume, " the more dirt
you move the more you find "

You might try this cheap trick,,,,While at Home Depot,
buy the smallest tarp they stock, next but the shortest roll of the GREEN PLASTIC fencing material
they carry, ONE INCH HOLES.

Tarp down,a length of green fence next. Flop the dirt onto this FIRST and pick the edges of the fenceing up, sort of a rocking effect.

I use this on my screenings at least until the day day wears on and I get tired and abandon both the Fenceing AND the screen itself.

The fence has a double value, It obviously seperates
rocks, roots, clumps and 4 inch Perds from the stew but just the process "works" the soils into view and MANY bird point size finds will be found here rather than in the next step.

I think I got it. I will give her a try. You wouldn't happen to have any pics of this would ya,..just in case? Thanks Hal.

Hal, was there some sort of sleep over at Michelle's or something? Or did you steal her computer?

Trav, Re one inch flex screen, I checked back on all the places it was used and nothing. The site most
used is shown in the JAN 2008 FINDS [ RT SIDE FRT PG ]
1-28-08 all you see is mostly Dan with the legless
shakers we use. We may not be out there for a few
weeks from now, wont help you near term but I will
take a few pics that specifically show the stage one
screen in action.

DJ, "Always keep em guessing" could this be the test pilot for a new PJ-digfest ? OR maybe just pickin
the Michelle up early and killed some time on her PC
while she ice cubed the beer ! OR, set the whole thing up so the boys would think the girls were
interested in attending to wash the dishes and bury
the beer cans !

Thanks Hal

thanks geofactfan

After Geo refered to a pointer, I went back for
another look and noticed the snapped base one was
probably very close to a triangle before nipping
notches. That might make the "red one" unfinished !

Oh Yeah! I didn't even see that. Good eyes Hal.

Local WX reports seem to indicate lots of rain over
N,TX. Are you going to be able to push that goo
through a screen on Saturday Travis?

Seems like water hydaulicking like they used in the
California gold fields would work well [ 7000 foot
garden hose ? ]

Hey Hal, Yeah we would need quite a long hose. Not sure what's going to happen. Quarter inch screens are pretty small when you include mud. I guess my biggest concern is if the Red River continues to rise or not. If it does, those Clay Co points will now become oklahoma points.

If it is still raining on Saturday. We will just put dirt on the screens and let the rain wash off the artifacts. Might be easy on the arms.
The soil is wery sandy water runs off pretty fast. Maybe thats why the place was occupied. surounding area is nasty clay that when wet make your feet weigh 40 pounds sticks to everything It can be a real boot puller.

Travis, here's two pics prepared before I was sure
I was going to be able to make the digfeast.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Looks familiar. I want to try that method when I go down south to dig again. Thanks Hal