Return to Website

AustinDiggers.com - Arrowhead Message Boards

THE MESSAGE BOARD POINT CHATTER IS NOW CLOSED TO ALL NEW POSTS.

WE HAVE MOVED TO THE NEW MESSAGE BOARD AND ALL NEW PICTURES AND POSTS WILL BE THERE FROM 4-16-2014 FORWARD.

THIS BOARD WILL CONTINUE TO BE HERE ONLY FOR INFORMATION AND TO READ / SEE ALL OLD POSTS.

GO TO AUSTINDIGGER.COM  - LOCATE THE LINK FOR POINT CHATTER II
AND LOG IN AND CHAT WITH US AND SHARE YOUR FINDS.
ALL NEW WEBSITE - ALL NEW MESSAGE BOARDS.

WE NOW HAVE PICTURE HOSTING !! LOG IN AND NOW YOU CAN EVEN POST YOUR PICTURES FROM YOUR PHONES - WELCOME TO 2014 HUH 8)

SEE YOU THERE - MICHELLE

Point Chatter - AustinDiggers.com - Arrowhead Message Board
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
brad p

PP county
Where do you dig?
We can get the northern Texas County diggers 2gether and dig somewhere hope DJ sees this post.Well who cares who ever is able to come out. Lets see who is intrested.

Re: brad p

Hey, Leonard. Sounds good to me. Give me a call when you come to town. We'll see what we can get together. We also have one Young county feller that defected from PP county. He's alright, though.

Yeah, it would be nice to be able to dig closer to home. Not as many places up here like in central Texas.

Where are you from DJ?

Oh yeah, I dig around Strawn and anywhere else whith permission, of course.

yeah fellas. we need to all get together one day and dig. What do yall think,.. when it cools down a bit? I have a little grill and a bunch of deer. I can smoke some meat while we find points.

Travis
Do you mean deer for real or mispelled and meant beer.

Ha! I mean the Bambi stuff

Either one will be okay with Me & Martha

I wouldn't think of drinking a beer. I might guzzle 12 or so, though.

Yeah I'd like to get a Palo Pinto County dig together. I think between all of us we have plenty of places. I've got one that we need to move a bunch of dirt on, that I am convinced could have some paleo stuff. May have to wait after deer season though.

David- I'm in. I lvoe the Paleo.

Hey Brad, I live in Ft. Worth.

Its a long trip for me but at the right time I might be interested [ if you'll have me ! ] Finding material from a different part of the state is a good mixer for a collection.
Your collective flint finds really show a difference to the central TX variety.

Besides, I figure I can come home with a small bucket of worked pieces now that I see Travis' digging spot will be vacant in favor of fine dining and debauchery !

EEEEEEEEEKKKK !!

Slight mistake. . . .before you boys think I'm the dear in the deer feast !!

Its ME, Shallow Hal broadcasting live from Michelle's typing machine. I forgot about the automatic name aplication feature !

Sorry to dash your hopes !

Ha! Come with Hal!

What I meant was, come dig with us Hal

Count me in too. I'm in Ft. Worth.

Come on up, dear. I think y'all would be bored as hell with the meager finds up here, though. We do have beer and good times, though.
Maybe we can get a little dig up pretty soon, though.

DJ and Mojave, I didn't know y'all were so close. We'll get something going.

Hey Everyone
Whoever is intrested lets nail down a date and time. I am self employed. Anyday will do. I will supply the dirt and rocks.

Dang Leonard, that's awful nice of you. I'll bring some shade and beer. Whaddaya like?

I forgot camping onsite if needed.

If y'all get this n. texas dig going, I'd like to be included....live in Joshua....I do know of a camping site near here

Larry
You are more than welcome camping on site if you need it. We digging the hole to frame my new gunite pool really need to have it done in a day or two.

Just kidding we will be looking for artifacts,flint,shells, And travis manning the smoker. Looks like Brad P is on the shade and cold ones Hal is suppose to supply Michelle And may be a few more friends I do not have many tables and chairs. Currently I do think the county is under a burn ban so that could wipe out the possibility of a large bon fire and the must have at Leonard and Martha's a Firework show. I really want to give a large donation to another firefighting organization

Seriously, is there any digging in N. Texas that is as productive as the Hill Country. I haven't been doing this for very long (in Texas anyway.) I've been curious about the Dunaway place but there doesn't seem to be much out there that is really impressive. As much as I like to drink drink a beer or twenty, if the choice is to spend the money to go to the Hill Country to find stuff, or stay in N. Tex and not find stuff, I'm headin' South. I can drink just as much down there.

The reality is that you're probably not going to find artifacts like central and south central Texas. My buddy has lots of stuff he has found over the years really close to where Leonard is located, though.

When I said camping site, I meant camp site....near mustang creek in Johnson county...

Anymore Diggers interested? If you do not want free digging.I can set up a fee schedule and charge.

Leonard

I am definitely interested if timing is right! Allen Warren

yo!

Hell I'll make the drive just to come hang out if Im free whenever you guys get a date set. Ok since I'll be there anyway, may have to dig a lil and drink alot.

Same answer as Allen.

Y'all come on up. I know we can come up with dirt and beer. We'll see if we can get Leonard to come up with something.

Yes it does seem like the Northerners have contracted some sort of late summer cabin fever. It's been way too hot all summer to dig, but we've been doing it anyway.

Might as well get a group together for one last romp, before hunting season.

Hey Diggin People

Next weekend Saturday will work for me. Who ever is interested let me know Via email I will get you directions to the farm house. Bring your own tools. and what ever else you think you will need.

Leonard

I'm in Leonard. Unless work rears its ugly head. I'll be there next Saturday if that's what the concensus is. Thanks for offering to host a little get together.

Leonard, count me in. Look forward to meeting you. It looks like we may have seen the worst of the killer Texas heat. Maybe next weekend will be cooler as well.

I'd like to but I have to decline this time, just cant
make it.
If there's ongoing expeditions, first part of October
is a good time of year and a warmup to digfest.

Hal, I bet we do this again when it cools down. Then you'll definately have to come.

I'd love to as well but I can't make it this time. Maybe next time.

wish you could too frank. next time!

Geo where do you live?

Travis County?

Good to have you in Texas Geo!

I'm not sure if that's a good day yet for me either. My wife and I may be going to Shreveport next Friday.

Well who ever is interested E mail Me For directions

Leonard

I'm planning on showing up if you want to do the deal this Saturday. Travis told me about where you are. Hopefully work won't conflict.

Well plans are set it is a dig Sat aug 23.If you do not have anything goin on cmon out.

I WORK SATURDAYS 8(

No love

Have fun BOYS!
Cheese and Rice! A "Boys" day of diggin.. I see how yall are!

I will have a girls only dig then ! Ahh!
And Pat and I will have a ball! hehehehe

Where are all the diggin chic's I say!

I work Saturdays too. . . .

At diggin. I will be there at dawn sharp!

I'll also be watching the board pretty close from now on for plans of a "Girlie twerlie" in the dirt.
Perhaps I can assist with the catering services.

Re: what county's around brown county do you guys know of to pay dig????

My name is kenneth parrish. I recently moved to brown county tx. Ihave had no luck in locating places to dig around here.I am a huge native american history buff and I love to dig and surface hunt arrowheads.It all started about three years ago when I was hiking in kerr county and came upon an artifact.It was only a broken knife blade but from that point I became intensly interested in indian history and arrowheads! I have in years that followed aquired a nice collection and if I could have someone point out some places to dig, even if I have to pay that would be great! Back in kerr county I have many friends that own property with places to look but gas has become an issue so now I just want to find some place closer to home. If anyone could help I would greatly appreciate it. thank you!

Kenneth, search for D2 dig. It's just south of Mineral Wells close to I-20 and 281. I don't have Doyle's # but it's on here somewhere.

Travis probably has it.

here ya go Kenneth. 817-713-0917