Return to Website

AustinDiggers.com - Arrowhead Message Boards

THE MESSAGE BOARD POINT CHATTER IS NOW CLOSED TO ALL NEW POSTS.

WE HAVE MOVED TO THE NEW MESSAGE BOARD AND ALL NEW PICTURES AND POSTS WILL BE THERE FROM 4-16-2014 FORWARD.

THIS BOARD WILL CONTINUE TO BE HERE ONLY FOR INFORMATION AND TO READ / SEE ALL OLD POSTS.

GO TO AUSTINDIGGER.COM  - LOCATE THE LINK FOR POINT CHATTER II
AND LOG IN AND CHAT WITH US AND SHARE YOUR FINDS.
ALL NEW WEBSITE - ALL NEW MESSAGE BOARDS.

WE NOW HAVE PICTURE HOSTING !! LOG IN AND NOW YOU CAN EVEN POST YOUR PICTURES FROM YOUR PHONES - WELCOME TO 2014 HUH 8)

SEE YOU THERE - MICHELLE

Point Chatter - AustinDiggers.com - Arrowhead Message Board
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
North Texas Artifacts On Display

THe Old Post Office Museum In Graham Texas will have artifacts from local collectors on display from Saturday Aug.16 until Thursday Aug.21. Saturday Aug. 16 from 1:00 p.m. - 4:00 p.m. they are having a reception with flint knapping, etc. Some of the collectors have large extensive collections from the area. Check out the details at grahamleader.com then search "Native American Exhibit"

Re: North Texas Artifacts On Display

awesome. thanks allen

What a timely display ! The northerners have been talking about massing their troops for an attack on
ancient camp grounds. The fact that the displays are
just from local people should really define that part of the world and give the Yanks a goal to dig for.

Depending on whats actually at the show might highlight Mojave's input. . . . Howcome there is such a huge disparity of SIZE and QUALITY of the same type peoples in fairly similar conditions ?? Just type
or availability of raw flint is not the answer.

Generally speaking that area North of Uvalde is
unbelievable, only ONE example...HUGE PERDS in
quantity.
Centex is my main hunting grounds, Absolutly DENSE
with midden camps, Thousands of points but Very
very rare to find even ONE item like the Uvalde's
families.
Lastly, for this exercise, Not that far North of
CenTex is Palo Pinto county with the troops reporting
few camps and a few bird points !
I've had a few fossil field trips right in that county
and it's beautiful country, certainly no tough
desert terrain, looks like it should have been good
living.
Anyway, somebody ought to checkout the local action !

You are right Hal. It was good living along the Brazos valley in Palo Pinto and Young counties. If all the small collectors I grew up hunting with in just a town of 300 people put their artifacts together it would be huge. Palo Pinto is mostly limestone country and there is literally thousands of rock shelters from very small to very large up and down the brazos valley and its tributaries. I personally know of one shelter that produced 10,000 plus artifacts back to archaic times. The problem is acess. Where I used to be able to dig for a handshake and a buttermilk pie has been passed on to the next generation who cares nothing about artifacts but they don't want you on their property.I have landowners that will let you surface hunt but cringe at the thought of digging even if you offer to fill everything back in.

I can attest to Allen here. Alot of Dallasonians buy up river land from the country folk and sell 1 acre homes. These new guys don't want you close to their land. Money, Money, Money!

Cryin *ss shame...used to be good natured people made the world go round...now the world goes around chasing the buck. Money is like the proverbial carrot on a stick...and we are all caught up in the mix trying to reach the carrot.

One day we will all realize the truth..... there is no carrot.

What's up Doc? I like carrots.

Yeah I definitely think that anywhere along the Brazos Drainage is good territory. All of the creeks and such that ran into that salty mess were littered with camps. However most of that country as you know, is grown up with cedar, and bought up by out of towners.

One good thing about North Texas is that you are much more likely to find some paleos up here. I don't care where I'm at, I'm lookin'.

Allen, Trav, Brad, Dave, I didn't realise the true
situation, your input throws a whole new perspective
on north TX. Wouldnt it change the traffic patterns
if a FRL NORTH was discovered.!

That would be amazing.. Or, how about a Paleo FRL discovery? Mainly, this area around is good looking land that's close to DFW. Go away from here and it changes. In my hometown no one cares if ya look for points..and that's up there in Wichita Falls. This area is just close to the big DFW investors.

Ain't it the truth!? Big stupid money from the metroplex has blocked a lot of sweet places. People pay 3 and 4 times what the land is actually worth. In perspective, though, people pay what they think it's worth to them and I guess the price is right for that little piece of heaven. (BIG sigh) Oh, well.

Also, there are not the numbers of developments around here as in the Austin area. I used to haul brick all over Austin but never made time to stop and look around much. (Pulled muscle trying to kick self in booty)

Sounds like you guys hate investors.
Made out to Graham alot of nice people. Saw a few collections Some nice Items to look at.
Not all investors are that bad.

I know a good investor. I went out to Graham today at 2pm on the way back from wichita but it was closed. Oh well. Next time.

We like the kind of people who are a little more trusting and open AND invite us to look for artifacts on their place. I just don't like some of the folks that are showing up looking down their noses at me. Maybe they just think I'm Larry the cable guy. I dunno.

I'm sorry I missed the show in Graham and your call, Allen. I'm not ignoring you.