Return to Website

AustinDiggers.com - Arrowhead Message Boards

THE MESSAGE BOARD POINT CHATTER IS NOW CLOSED TO ALL NEW POSTS.

WE HAVE MOVED TO THE NEW MESSAGE BOARD AND ALL NEW PICTURES AND POSTS WILL BE THERE FROM 4-16-2014 FORWARD.

THIS BOARD WILL CONTINUE TO BE HERE ONLY FOR INFORMATION AND TO READ / SEE ALL OLD POSTS.

GO TO AUSTINDIGGER.COM  - LOCATE THE LINK FOR POINT CHATTER II
AND LOG IN AND CHAT WITH US AND SHARE YOUR FINDS.
ALL NEW WEBSITE - ALL NEW MESSAGE BOARDS.

WE NOW HAVE PICTURE HOSTING !! LOG IN AND NOW YOU CAN EVEN POST YOUR PICTURES FROM YOUR PHONES - WELCOME TO 2014 HUH 8)

SEE YOU THERE - MICHELLE

Point Chatter - AustinDiggers.com - Arrowhead Message Board
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Rain Dance

Who ever is doing the rain dance Knock it off already.I mentioned it a few weeks ago and it worked. I think we have had enough. Now i will have to bale hay when Ellis county dries out that project will take my digging time away.
Anyone need to buy some high quality hay?

Leonard

Re: Rain Dance

What Kind of hay, how much, and do you deliver? I have 55 horses at work and I am always looking for new hay sources. Allen

Yeah, my hometown of Wichita Falls is flooded. No lie, my step-mother works with a lady who reported 12 inches in her rain gauge over night on the side of town that got the most rain.

Travis, That must be one of those Texas sized rain gauges. She must have a digital rain gauge like I have.

One of my friends said he was crossing the Red River north of Burkburnett, and the water was almost up over the red River bridge.

no kidding? I have family 2 miles south of there in burk. An old man took me surface hunting back in the mid-90's and told me that the river rose back in the 20's and collapsed that bridge killing everyone. That's a dangerous area when the river rises,.. especialyl with that red quicksand out there.

Allen, better be sure to see those hay bales before
telling your livestock a feast is on the way. . . .

Would'nt it be possible they are heading for Waco
like a fleet of Nile river Papyrus reed boats ?

How bout those Seminole indian rain dancers, they're
REALLY good. They drummed up a near stationary
tropical storm for the creekers !

My
Hay is fine in the barn all nice and dry. Sunday if we have no more rain I will be cutting more. Ready to add about 3500 more bales to the food chain.

Please do not wish for rain until next this weekend. I have 104 acres of hay on the ground. I wont bale it until Weds. While that is curing I will be mowing another 77 acres it will be put up by Saturday then the flood gates can be opened
Well hay time I can still do some creekin just have not found a thing Over in Ellis county. Not even a straggler. Is that area dry for artifacts? I know it is for beer.

Leonard

Is it going to rain ?

i think so.

It's raining right now..........In Houston.

Still dry in Austin but it is raining refugees.

Up here in the hinterlands of South Ft. Worth and Dallas, the major oil companies have shut in all the wells...that means that because of Ike there is no place to send the product...so no need for people like me to work on the well sites...vacation time....
does anyone have some extra scuba gear so I can do some digging...
Seriously, let's not forget our friends that live in the Houston area and keep them in our prayers and thoughts...

larry, we had to shut in some of our wise co. wells on friday too because Enbridge sends it too houston.

Travis, it wouldn't have been so bad, except the pumper never came out and told us about it...I showed up at a well and did my gauges and it had hardly moved...the well normally does a foot of water an hour...r78p

wow larry, that would be one heck of a suprise. they should have told you.