Return to Website

AustinDiggers.com - Arrowhead Message Boards

THE MESSAGE BOARD POINT CHATTER IS NOW CLOSED TO ALL NEW POSTS.

WE HAVE MOVED TO THE NEW MESSAGE BOARD AND ALL NEW PICTURES AND POSTS WILL BE THERE FROM 4-16-2014 FORWARD.

THIS BOARD WILL CONTINUE TO BE HERE ONLY FOR INFORMATION AND TO READ / SEE ALL OLD POSTS.

GO TO AUSTINDIGGER.COM  - LOCATE THE LINK FOR POINT CHATTER II
AND LOG IN AND CHAT WITH US AND SHARE YOUR FINDS.
ALL NEW WEBSITE - ALL NEW MESSAGE BOARDS.

WE NOW HAVE PICTURE HOSTING !! LOG IN AND NOW YOU CAN EVEN POST YOUR PICTURES FROM YOUR PHONES - WELCOME TO 2014 HUH 8)

SEE YOU THERE - MICHELLE

Point Chatter - AustinDiggers.com - Arrowhead Message Board
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
shoe peg ranch with tj

metate

metate2
metate & points

Re: shoe peg ranch with tj

Nice finds!
What did it cost to dig up those beauties?
Silver

Very nice!

Yo Monty, I like 'em. Thats a perfect size [ and
color ] mano to go with that Mettate. Even though not found together the effect is loud N clear and would look great on a dining room table.

While big and heavy gets the big OO00oo's in the flint
world, has anybody congratulated you on what appears to be a perfect ANGUSTURA ? Even a single one should
be considered " the find of the day" Very nice going.

MORE CONGRATULATIONS . . . . .

As we speak, I am still unable to figure out how to
post pics. Ive made a few serious stabs but big
technical terms like, PASTE, GLUE ETC is just way
too much. Maybe someday I'll meet someone that
can actually demonstrate the process while I take
notes. Til then, congrats to you

yes it is a very perfect angustura! very awesome, my first complete! I was interested in what sort of replies it may receive with out a title or presentation. thanks alot. how bout that little knife? it took me quite a while to convince myself it was not notched, just broke. i found the base half sunday and the tip half monday. the metate is flint, how about that? have you all seen or heard of a flint metate before? Thanks again!

I'm very much interested in a square-eared Castroville, are any of those available for sale? If you live in Austin, SH, you can come by my place & I'll show you how to attach pic's from the Photobucket site.
Silver

silver, i think it would be tuff to get someone to sell you their square ear castro, they are so awesome. all the squared castros and marcos i was referring to from the midden were broke, and wow were they heartbreakers. when i started getting into digging real heavy that literally was the one point looking for. of course i would be thrilled with any find whatsoever. but when digging, all i would try to picture and imagine finding was that pair of square ears. attached is the closest i have came to my dream point. and i am very pleased.

href="http://s298.photobucket.com/albums/mm267/montell1965/?action=view¤t=DSC00134.jpg" target="_blank">castro dripspring

Monty, No I never did see flint mettate, the material
just cant and wont be worked to a smooth grinding surface. I just assumed yours had the basin naturally
shaped by nature and since it WAS found in an indian
rich situation they would have at least tried to put it to some use. Re size, it's in the catagory we
refer to as being used for 'erbs and spices grinding.
I recently found my smallest "mano" that could almost
pass for a gameing piece except that it was nicely
polished flat on one side, bout 2 1/2 inches.

Silver, You might get a shot at locating a sq. baser.
Both Nacho and Todd Chism sell their finds from that part of the world and will be vending at the San
Antonio show, Sept 20th.
Might take you up on the pic post lessons !