Return to Website

AustinDiggers.com - Arrowhead Message Boards

THE MESSAGE BOARD POINT CHATTER IS NOW CLOSED TO ALL NEW POSTS.

WE HAVE MOVED TO THE NEW MESSAGE BOARD AND ALL NEW PICTURES AND POSTS WILL BE THERE FROM 4-16-2014 FORWARD.

THIS BOARD WILL CONTINUE TO BE HERE ONLY FOR INFORMATION AND TO READ / SEE ALL OLD POSTS.

GO TO AUSTINDIGGER.COM  - LOCATE THE LINK FOR POINT CHATTER II
AND LOG IN AND CHAT WITH US AND SHARE YOUR FINDS.
ALL NEW WEBSITE - ALL NEW MESSAGE BOARDS.

WE NOW HAVE PICTURE HOSTING !! LOG IN AND NOW YOU CAN EVEN POST YOUR PICTURES FROM YOUR PHONES - WELCOME TO 2014 HUH 8)

SEE YOU THERE - MICHELLE

Point Chatter - AustinDiggers.com - Arrowhead Message Board
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Did anyone dig with or remember the belated Mark Martin from Tyler, TX?

Hi,

I am his nephew and he passed away about 11 years ago. He took me digging a few times but I was very young. He was in with a bunch of you guys from UT and the austin area. He lived in Tyler, TX and had a awesome collection of artifacts. I have been bit by the same bug and curious if any of ya'll remember him?

Re: Did anyone dig with or remember the belated Mark Martin from Tyler, TX?

No one we know recognises the name.

Just out of curiosity what time frame are we talking
about? If you went digging when you were "younger"
and he past away 11 years ago, how far back does that make your last remembered dig together?

He passed away in 97 and the last time I dug with him was in 1994. From the mid 70's to the mid 90's he was an avid collector. I remember one of his other digging buddies was a guy named Skippy Swaykus from midland. Anyways sorry if i sound stupid, I was just hoping some of you guys had dug with him. I know some of his finds are in the UT museum in Austin.

Thanks...Mike

Thats an interesting time frame, conditions in the
CENTEX area then to now is as different as night & day
black, & white, indian country & Los Angeles. I'm serious about that last analogy, I've been to Los
Angeles and thats just what they have created out of
Austin TX. There's bound to be a LOT of sites your
Mike dug that is now under a toll road.

I dont recognise the name skippy either and I have only been into flint for a short time, I was surface
fossilizing while Mike was digging !