Return to Website

AustinDiggers.com - Arrowhead Message Boards

THE MESSAGE BOARD POINT CHATTER IS NOW CLOSED TO ALL NEW POSTS.

WE HAVE MOVED TO THE NEW MESSAGE BOARD AND ALL NEW PICTURES AND POSTS WILL BE THERE FROM 4-16-2014 FORWARD.

THIS BOARD WILL CONTINUE TO BE HERE ONLY FOR INFORMATION AND TO READ / SEE ALL OLD POSTS.

GO TO AUSTINDIGGER.COM  - LOCATE THE LINK FOR POINT CHATTER II
AND LOG IN AND CHAT WITH US AND SHARE YOUR FINDS.
ALL NEW WEBSITE - ALL NEW MESSAGE BOARDS.

WE NOW HAVE PICTURE HOSTING !! LOG IN AND NOW YOU CAN EVEN POST YOUR PICTURES FROM YOUR PHONES - WELCOME TO 2014 HUH 8)

SEE YOU THERE - MICHELLE

Point Chatter - AustinDiggers.com - Arrowhead Message Board
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Any info would be great.

I love the site. I have been checking it out for the last 6-10 months or so. I have a question for anyone reading. I live in NW OKLA. Are there any dig sites up towards my direction or even close towards the panhandle or within a couple hundred miles? Any info would be great thank you all for the time and the input love the site please keep the great pics and stories coming I have learned a lot.

Re: Any info would be great.

Hey Rob. I'm from Wichita Falls. Your in Paleo country up there. What town are you closest too?

Yeah, I used to surface hunt incognito in OK when I lived in Denison. I always resisted the urge to dig though. There is some great stuff up there, but the Natives have really influenced the State of Oklahoma on the antiquities. Looks like they would just be happy with the slots and blackjack tables.

Yeah, no digging for me I couldn't afford that ticket. I wouldn't even know how to go about it. I just surface hunt on private land. I have only been hunting for a couple of years now. I live near Woodward OK. There's a ton of history around here but pointed rocks can be hard to locate sometimes.

Rob, I drive through Woodward every year going to Kansas pheasant hunting. That sure is some pretty country up there. And I really mean it. With those big cedar breaks and all.. Beautiful. You ought to be able to find some camps on the tops of those mesas, overlooking some drainages.

That country almost looks like something out in Colorado or New Mexico. I would almost bet if you found the right spot, that there would be a buffalo jump site with some Clovis or Folsom points near it. You are definitely in the right spot for the Paleo points. Good Luck. Maybe you can come visit us down south some time.

It really is pretty countryside around here. There are a few places that "experts" have dug up a lot of Folsom points over the years. They were dug in places were you can't be or the land owners won't let you be but some people will let you in on there land. I found a side of a buffalo skull/upper jaw and teeth buried at the base of a 25' drop off on some private land I get to hunt on. When you touch it it just about turns to dust so it is still there. I have found a lot of artifacts around that spot. Thanks for the advice. I hope you all are staying safe from the storm. Good luck.