Return to Website

AustinDiggers.com - Arrowhead Message Boards

THE MESSAGE BOARD POINT CHATTER IS NOW CLOSED TO ALL NEW POSTS.

WE HAVE MOVED TO THE NEW MESSAGE BOARD AND ALL NEW PICTURES AND POSTS WILL BE THERE FROM 4-16-2014 FORWARD.

THIS BOARD WILL CONTINUE TO BE HERE ONLY FOR INFORMATION AND TO READ / SEE ALL OLD POSTS.

GO TO AUSTINDIGGER.COM  - LOCATE THE LINK FOR POINT CHATTER II
AND LOG IN AND CHAT WITH US AND SHARE YOUR FINDS.
ALL NEW WEBSITE - ALL NEW MESSAGE BOARDS.

WE NOW HAVE PICTURE HOSTING !! LOG IN AND NOW YOU CAN EVEN POST YOUR PICTURES FROM YOUR PHONES - WELCOME TO 2014 HUH 8)

SEE YOU THERE - MICHELLE

Point Chatter - AustinDiggers.com - Arrowhead Message Board
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Supplies?

Hi, I am looking for a website or store that I can possibly find supplies for digging. Like leather pouches to put findings in, display boxes, tools..etc... any ideas? My dad loves hunting arrowheads and has a huge collection - and a birthday coming up - so i'm trying to find him something special that he will really get some use out of. Thanks guys!

Re: Supplies?

Hey Misty, alot of stuff that we use are things that we make ourselves; such as sifters to screen for arrowheads. Is he an arrowhead digger?

Hi Misty, here's a couple of Random shots other than a
Walmart tie !

Back to front page, middle left "DEALERS & LINKS"
Near top, STONES AND BONES MEUSEUM. COM. Lots of
goodies in many catagories.
Another linK RIKKER DISPLAY CASES
Bottom, "AUSTIN METAL DETECTORS" among other things'
"coin shooters" are the ones that use strap on pocketed things. Also, light duty digging tools. Another really good metal detector supply company is..
KELLYCO.COM

If Dad's already got flint he might enjoy a good reference book. OVERTONS tenth edition. Has $$$$
dream values but is a great reference for all of North America [ obtain through that Stones N Bones
contact.]

For a mere $40.00, buy his entry ticket to DIGFEST 08
[ for a mere $40.- more, you can go too ]

THE actual digging tools is unique to each individual
[ just like he would thank you for the beautiful tie
you selected and never wear it ]

Small things that go with "digging" are always apreciated;;;;;;;

Emergency rain ponchos .65 cents
bug spray [ like off or deep woods] $6.-
Strong medium size back pack $2.- [ at a thrift ]
Soft sided cooler with strap [ same thrift ] $2.50
Ugly rugged gloves
Knee pads [ if over 90 ! ]
Black diggers soxs
Black diggers underwear

DONT buy everything at once now, Christmas is fast
aproaching !

Travis,
Yes he digs for arrow heads. He gets way down in a hole and chips away at the sides...haha. Funny to me but serious business to him I guess. He has a sifter I think but he was asking me if I have any leather pouches. So I guess thats what I need to look for. Thanks for the reply. He is going to the show in San Antonio coming up but not sure about Digfest 08 - I'll have to research that one. Thanks again. Hes very hard to buy for.

Thanks for the ideas SH! I really appreciate it.

Misty,
Google "Stoney Knoll Archaeological supplies." They have some really nice stuff. For display cases, i have always preferred "Indian River Display Cases."
Books are always good too. Do not buy any books by Lar Holthem becasue they are terrible!