Return to Website

AustinDiggers.com - Arrowhead Message Boards

THE MESSAGE BOARD POINT CHATTER IS NOW CLOSED TO ALL NEW POSTS.

WE HAVE MOVED TO THE NEW MESSAGE BOARD AND ALL NEW PICTURES AND POSTS WILL BE THERE FROM 4-16-2014 FORWARD.

THIS BOARD WILL CONTINUE TO BE HERE ONLY FOR INFORMATION AND TO READ / SEE ALL OLD POSTS.

GO TO AUSTINDIGGER.COM  - LOCATE THE LINK FOR POINT CHATTER II
AND LOG IN AND CHAT WITH US AND SHARE YOUR FINDS.
ALL NEW WEBSITE - ALL NEW MESSAGE BOARDS.

WE NOW HAVE PICTURE HOSTING !! LOG IN AND NOW YOU CAN EVEN POST YOUR PICTURES FROM YOUR PHONES - WELCOME TO 2014 HUH 8)

SEE YOU THERE - MICHELLE

Point Chatter - AustinDiggers.com - Arrowhead Message Board
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Tx Cache show comment

It was good to see alot of you at the show. I heard discussion that it was deemed a success, and as San Antonio needs a good show, it is likely that this one will be an annual event!
As with all shows, advertising and access directions to the show are highly important to the turn out. In comment, numerous people from out of the area had problems finding it for the first time that had to phone for directions. An easy remedy for this is to post, and include on flyer materials a small vicinity map. In this case, showing access points for FM 1570 from Hwy.16 (North), and 471/ Cuelebra rd.(South), with connections to loop 1604.

Re: Tx Cache show comment

Right Mike, if your going to use the full range of
media advertising that is available, you gotta draw
them a picture.
For those that get their info off a web site, there is
absolutly nothing like Google map, ESPECIALLY when
used with the "CLICK ON "

Well, the TC signs must have been an after thought, because they were not out yet at 6:30am when I got there for vendor set up.
Hal, yes, it is good to Google a map, but you have to remember to do it before you get on the road to go. You might be surprised to know how many people don't Google, because they don't have the ole PC! Stone age peoples still live among us!

Truer words were never spake ! In the last 6 weeks or so Ive had occasion to talk to MANY small BUSINESS
people that not only do not own a PC but indicated
they dont know how "to turn one on" even if they went
to the public library.!
Even with billions sold and the industry Hoopalaing
how "everyones" got one, there are still isolated
pockets of non PCers. Some might say there is a
parallel to the pockets of Neanderthals that near the
"end" were surrounded by the newer habilis !

Thank you greatly for your input Pat, the problems were really pretty minor and I personaly think you did a good job for a first show. I like your ideas on making it better as well. I heard that some of the vendors did not do too well, but I attribute alot of that to operator errors in selling techniques and presentation. I personaly did very well per the size/ numbers of the crowd, so if I can keep my inventories up between now and next year, I'll definitley come again as it's only a 2 hour drive for me. If no one else chimes in on this, then I will say Thank You Pat from all of us on the Austin Diggers Site for bringing us another good show, and I hope that it does become the greater San Antonio show!

Pat, I didn't get to come to the show, because of my work schedule, but two of my friends came and had a really good time and spent a bunch of money...I don't know if it means anything but if you can get those two to spend money it must have been good....I just wish there were some two day shows so that I could make them...lol