Return to Website

AustinDiggers.com - Arrowhead Message Boards

THE MESSAGE BOARD POINT CHATTER IS NOW CLOSED TO ALL NEW POSTS.

WE HAVE MOVED TO THE NEW MESSAGE BOARD AND ALL NEW PICTURES AND POSTS WILL BE THERE FROM 4-16-2014 FORWARD.

THIS BOARD WILL CONTINUE TO BE HERE ONLY FOR INFORMATION AND TO READ / SEE ALL OLD POSTS.

GO TO AUSTINDIGGER.COM  - LOCATE THE LINK FOR POINT CHATTER II
AND LOG IN AND CHAT WITH US AND SHARE YOUR FINDS.
ALL NEW WEBSITE - ALL NEW MESSAGE BOARDS.

WE NOW HAVE PICTURE HOSTING !! LOG IN AND NOW YOU CAN EVEN POST YOUR PICTURES FROM YOUR PHONES - WELCOME TO 2014 HUH 8)

SEE YOU THERE - MICHELLE

Point Chatter - AustinDiggers.com - Arrowhead Message Board
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Latest Palo Pinto County Finds

I will post them soon every time I take out that Dang camera the battery is dead.
Anyways A new hole started 3 manos alot of flint. The next day one small scalhorn? possibly.
Today a couple scrapers and a very old looking fluted mid section. Let the battery charge and I will get them posted. I only brought home one mano left the others in the sink to dry and then forgt them.OH well I brought home the best one.

Re: Latest Palo Pinto County Finds

Here they are.They always look better in person.Photobucket

PhotobucketPhotobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Sorry it took so long

Photobucket

Sorry they are out of order
Leonard

Hi Leonard, I'm thinkin your now digging in the food
court section of the county! That one in the pic above is really good, we can see the smoothed off
edges nicely. Along with the other mano pieces you
just described, you might move all that pile of broken
mano's to a place that wont get plowed under.
So if thats kitchen equipment, there has to be a
concentrated midden of fire rock out there and that would peg down the center of community life.

Auger survey ?

SH
I was once the proud owner of a three point auger pto driven. The funniest thing happened It grew mechanical legs and walked away.
I have found a total of five fire pits or hearths.Four close together in the same area we were digging when Chef Travis was manning the kitchen. And last week I did find another one about 150 feet west of that. The newly posted scrapers were found in the same general area that the odd hematite scraper was found that same ares is where my harahey came out. It seems like the camp had different stations set up for different duties another area I have only found small drills and some hammerstones. So where did they keep the groups prized tools for safe keeping?

I keep forgetting your north of the Mason / Scallorn line and there is no limestone supply
in that area to create a huge tell tale fire pit.

That field is such a great flat, where two drainages
intersect location, its hard to believe that the "locals" completely ignored it for THOUSANDS of
years then, not long before Columbus landed, somebody said . . .

" WOW, THIS LOOKS LIKE A GOOD SPOT TO CAMP TONIGHT ! "

Leonard, those are nice. that little bird is cool. and the mano looks flat like a pancake. i have the itch!

Travis
Looks like you are on your own for scrathin it.

i wish i was digging right now but i'm having to deal with this new house....i need a vacation

Well, I see you have been busy, Leonard. Are you putting that screen through the paces? Let me know if we need anything screen wise and we'll pick some up in town. Nice finds. Maybe we can get out Saturday.

Have not used the heavy duty screen much But I did turn your small hand trowel into scrap metal I have never seen a shovel that was made of cast pot metal then I saw the famous words CHINA.I owe ya one I will have to find the cast chineese shovel store.
Leonard

Y'all seem very bent on cramming that whole section of
north Texas through a quarter inch screen. What about speeding up the operation [ or increasing the screened acerage ]
Google; MECHANICAL DIRT SHAKERS OR
. . . . MECHANICAL GRAVEL CLASSIFIERS

See;;;TREASURENET.COM and/or ROCKTOUGH.COM

I suggest you work in a southernly direction so that eventually you can wipe out, DJ's, Joe's, Chrisners, Rio Bravo and eventually wash the equipment off at
a low water crossing of the Rio Grande.

maybe Leonard can sell the screened sandy loam to the cutting horse people from Parker county. He's got a good bit of it.

SH
when we used 1/2 screens the very small points fell right thru. Guess we do not want to leave any points behind. Besides that all we have is time to dig that place. It will At least give me several years or decades to push 30 acres x 2 foot that is alot of cubic feet if you do the math.