Return to Website

AustinDiggers.com - Arrowhead Message Boards

THE MESSAGE BOARD POINT CHATTER IS NOW CLOSED TO ALL NEW POSTS.

WE HAVE MOVED TO THE NEW MESSAGE BOARD AND ALL NEW PICTURES AND POSTS WILL BE THERE FROM 4-16-2014 FORWARD.

THIS BOARD WILL CONTINUE TO BE HERE ONLY FOR INFORMATION AND TO READ / SEE ALL OLD POSTS.

GO TO AUSTINDIGGER.COM  - LOCATE THE LINK FOR POINT CHATTER II
AND LOG IN AND CHAT WITH US AND SHARE YOUR FINDS.
ALL NEW WEBSITE - ALL NEW MESSAGE BOARDS.

WE NOW HAVE PICTURE HOSTING !! LOG IN AND NOW YOU CAN EVEN POST YOUR PICTURES FROM YOUR PHONES - WELCOME TO 2014 HUH 8)

SEE YOU THERE - MICHELLE

Point Chatter - AustinDiggers.com - Arrowhead Message Board
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Help Me Identify These

I found these in the late 70's and early 80's and could use some help identifying them. From the left:
1.Digging close to the "Y" in Oak Hill.
2.Surface hunting close to Reimers Ranch in Hays Co.
3.Surface find in La Salle Co. near the Frio River.
4.Ditto.
5.Surface find outside of Bandera.
6.Dug out of a midden close to Campwood, TX.
Thanks for any input.
Please help identify

Re: Help Me Identify These

Howdy Mike, You must have really been "into flint' thirty years ago. Your finds come from some major flint Mecca's of TX. Here's my guestimates

2. & 3. Dalton
4. Carrizo [ kinda scarce ]
5. Perd, just comming out of the closet as a perforator

You must have buckets of worked pieces, Seen;
PROJECTILEPOINTS.NET

Just got back from the Boerne show I wish to
withdraw my identification of items 2 & 3 . there are other similar shaped points
that a better expert could tell the differece, one of them is a GOLONDRINA !

Hal and Douglas- Thanks for your input. And you're right- I've got buckets of worked pieces. I have a few that I'm pretty sure that are paleo that I'll post in a day or two. Once again I'd appreciate any input.

The 1st on seems to be a variation on what D. Rodgers called a Brazos Fishtail. Mine is paleo flaked collaterally though & about 2" tall with small, tiny bulv ears on it. The 2nd point does look Daltonish, the 3rd look's like a Golondrinia the 3rd could be a small Carrizo & the is possibily a well worked Wells & last maybe a eccentric base of a Montell.

Thanks Silver

douglas , i was thinking the same thing. an octapus looking point.

Hay there Mike

What kind of Beer do you drink??? I think I dug up a few of your BEER CANS at the "Y"

Nice Finds!!!!!!!!!!

Michelle

Hi Michelle- Shiner Bock. Years ago I was digging over there for a couple of hours and was finding all sorts of flint but no artifacts. Dug down about two and a half feet and there was someones flattened out Budweiser can. Packed up and called it a day.