Return to Website

AustinDiggers.com - Arrowhead Message Boards

THE MESSAGE BOARD POINT CHATTER IS NOW CLOSED TO ALL NEW POSTS.

WE HAVE MOVED TO THE NEW MESSAGE BOARD AND ALL NEW PICTURES AND POSTS WILL BE THERE FROM 4-16-2014 FORWARD.

THIS BOARD WILL CONTINUE TO BE HERE ONLY FOR INFORMATION AND TO READ / SEE ALL OLD POSTS.

GO TO AUSTINDIGGER.COM  - LOCATE THE LINK FOR POINT CHATTER II
AND LOG IN AND CHAT WITH US AND SHARE YOUR FINDS.
ALL NEW WEBSITE - ALL NEW MESSAGE BOARDS.

WE NOW HAVE PICTURE HOSTING !! LOG IN AND NOW YOU CAN EVEN POST YOUR PICTURES FROM YOUR PHONES - WELCOME TO 2014 HUH 8)

SEE YOU THERE - MICHELLE

Point Chatter - AustinDiggers.com - Arrowhead Message Board
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Looking Good! - screen dig at chrisners sat oct. 4

From the Texas Cashe Site:

[screen dig at chrisners sat oct. 4
« on: October 05, 2008, 08:47:01 AM » Quote

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
we did alot better this trip, I found a real nice san saba drill, a marcos, an ensor drill, a small 2" corner tang (my first from horse creek, and several other pooters. david and dusty graf found about 10 decent pieces - a perd several ensors, a marcos. most of these find are comming out of the deeper 4-6' levels with buffalo and deer bones, snells and muscles. found alot of tips off of blades. got alot more holes opened up. if anybody wants to put a 5 persons crew together give me a call, the crew tells me where to get the dirt from i set up the screens and back hoe and go at it.
I know of some good places to dig, but you can ultimately choose. the creeks are a nice place to start because of the dry conditions, normally, you cant get into them , so nows the chance before the rains come. the gravel layers are full of all sorts of artifacts that were prolly mixed in by all the floods since the far past. will probably go again this next sat. will have some pics on here soon as i send em to bruce and he posts them. im game for middle of the week digs too. [

Re: Looking Good! - screen dig at chrisners sat oct. 4

I would be interested in hunting again. Used to hunt in Wimberley at a place called Little Arkansaw. Its shut down now. Retired resently and interested in hunting again

Re: Looking Good! - screen dig at chrisners sat oct. 4

I was there last saturday and screened with the rest. I like the area but i do not think that artifacts are concentrated in any great number. Nothing really big came out and the "corner tang" is a maybe. For the amount of dirt that we screened, we should have done better. I refer to it as salvage digging.