Return to Website

AustinDiggers.com - Arrowhead Message Boards

THE MESSAGE BOARD POINT CHATTER IS NOW CLOSED TO ALL NEW POSTS.

WE HAVE MOVED TO THE NEW MESSAGE BOARD AND ALL NEW PICTURES AND POSTS WILL BE THERE FROM 4-16-2014 FORWARD.

THIS BOARD WILL CONTINUE TO BE HERE ONLY FOR INFORMATION AND TO READ / SEE ALL OLD POSTS.

GO TO AUSTINDIGGER.COM  - LOCATE THE LINK FOR POINT CHATTER II
AND LOG IN AND CHAT WITH US AND SHARE YOUR FINDS.
ALL NEW WEBSITE - ALL NEW MESSAGE BOARDS.

WE NOW HAVE PICTURE HOSTING !! LOG IN AND NOW YOU CAN EVEN POST YOUR PICTURES FROM YOUR PHONES - WELCOME TO 2014 HUH 8)

SEE YOU THERE - MICHELLE

Point Chatter - AustinDiggers.com - Arrowhead Message Board
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Mondays finds

This is the second Adena I've found in Stewart's Creek in Conroe, TX. Just waiting for the whole one!
Adena
I'm Guessing this is a Gary? If it is, it's my sixth one in Stewart's Creek.
Gary?

Re: Mondays finds

Good stuff you will find whole ones just keep looking.

Chris, isnt that "golden boy " a complete the pic looks just resharpened
down to a nub [ the original owner probably hated to see it go !! ]

I got out my roads of TX map to see where this hot spot creek is. Conroe is just a couple of inches from ROY in CLEVELAND ! Roy has posted brillient finds way back in the point chatter files [ I think under "CREEK FINDS" ] easiest way to see a tablefull of his creek finds is to visit the RANDY'S DIG report
on the front page, all the way at the end of the report

You'll see his finds also include fossils in your
area

I was referring to finding a whole Adena, sorry. I've got a couple of complete ones. I don't know if it can be viewed by the public, but my photobucket account is under cjohnson319 if you want to see them. I hunt in the Conroe area, but I recently moved to Bryan, TX. Trying to find a more local place to hunt, but since I don't know anyone here, it's kinda hard.

I feel your pain chris im from college station. I have been looking for a local place to hunt but no luck. Im going to check out the navasota river here in town on saturday im just going to walk the banks and find some sand bars. Good luck finding a place

C & J, You two lucky hunters ! ! ! Your real close to a Flint N Fossil mecca

The Brazos is picking up flint artifacts from the D2 site near Mineral Wells TX.
It is also cutting through some very rich fossil beds of all ages.
It is all being continuously transported to the Gulf of Mexico . . . .
All a body has to do is intercept the material before it gets delivered. .

Rt 21 & Brazos, SW quad, world class preserved snail fossils, Eocene age.
I-10 & Brazos, Great gravel beds upstream [ at low water ] Always changing with floods !

For Bulk collecting, canoe or Kayak a must, who knows what treasures lie between the two points mentioned above ?
The Brazos is just the interstate being fed by hundreds of feeder "roads"
Small drainages could be rich