Return to Website

AustinDiggers.com - Arrowhead Message Boards

THE MESSAGE BOARD POINT CHATTER IS NOW CLOSED TO ALL NEW POSTS.

WE HAVE MOVED TO THE NEW MESSAGE BOARD AND ALL NEW PICTURES AND POSTS WILL BE THERE FROM 4-16-2014 FORWARD.

THIS BOARD WILL CONTINUE TO BE HERE ONLY FOR INFORMATION AND TO READ / SEE ALL OLD POSTS.

GO TO AUSTINDIGGER.COM  - LOCATE THE LINK FOR POINT CHATTER II
AND LOG IN AND CHAT WITH US AND SHARE YOUR FINDS.
ALL NEW WEBSITE - ALL NEW MESSAGE BOARDS.

WE NOW HAVE PICTURE HOSTING !! LOG IN AND NOW YOU CAN EVEN POST YOUR PICTURES FROM YOUR PHONES - WELCOME TO 2014 HUH 8)

SEE YOU THERE - MICHELLE

Point Chatter - AustinDiggers.com - Arrowhead Message Board
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
matts new dig ????

hey ya'll matt needs youre input on this idea !!

he wants to get the camp dirt loaded on a big dump truck and haul it to st hedwig outside of san antonio so diggers can search through it there without having to drive all the way to camp wood and it would be more convienant for him and some diggers at a price of 100 dollars or so

ya'lls input would be appreciated thanks

Re: matts new dig ????

Hey Lee, awesome idea. I personally prefer going and seeing where the dirt is coming from and seeing the campsite. I really learn alot from seeing where they chose to live and the layout surrounding it. But that's just me. I still think it's a great, economical idea though.

Not for me, I would prefer my dirt in situ

. . . .BUT. . . Thats interesting to find a camp owner with the inclination
and ability to transport Why just San Antonio Matt must have an idea in mind of how many
$100.-s he needs perload no matter what city, Abilene,
El Paso, Mineral Wells Etc etc. . .

The mind boggles at the possibilities. . .Your very own back yard midden for a dig / BBQ party

Or better yet, for football fans, a truck load dumped in the game room
so they can watch "the game" while still enjoying airconditioned digging. . . . .

Well, I think Travis pretty well hit the nail on the head with wanting to see where the dirt comes from (especially when your paying for it). I don't think Camp Wood would be a good choice for that in view of recent bad practices( baiting buckets )here.
Now if the material was coming from FRL, that would be a good choice....but what would be paid per yard, and diesel still near $4 gal.??? Haul to St. Hedwig? I didn't realize folks around that cultural oasis had that kind of $. Like all endeavors.....there are pros & cons!

Baiting Buckets ??

Yes M. it means exactly what you think it might mean. One tends to learn alot at artifact shows from reliable people that Have been rooked at some screen digs. I am personally keeping safe distance from this situation, (A) because I live down here, (B)have absolute proof, (C)have no involvement and don't want any, and finally (D) am waiting to see the outcome of it, as I feel that it will have it's own conclusions. I am impressed that you picked up on this, and not too surprised that you haven't heard about it. The wrong doer in this situation has been caught, and knows it, and has a chance to correct it. Not everyone out there is as honest as they would have you believe. That is absolutely as far as I can go with this at this time, so thanks for yours and everyone elses patience..........in advance.