Return to Website

AustinDiggers.com - Arrowhead Message Boards

THE MESSAGE BOARD POINT CHATTER IS NOW CLOSED TO ALL NEW POSTS.

WE HAVE MOVED TO THE NEW MESSAGE BOARD AND ALL NEW PICTURES AND POSTS WILL BE THERE FROM 4-16-2014 FORWARD.

THIS BOARD WILL CONTINUE TO BE HERE ONLY FOR INFORMATION AND TO READ / SEE ALL OLD POSTS.

GO TO AUSTINDIGGER.COM  - LOCATE THE LINK FOR POINT CHATTER II
AND LOG IN AND CHAT WITH US AND SHARE YOUR FINDS.
ALL NEW WEBSITE - ALL NEW MESSAGE BOARDS.

WE NOW HAVE PICTURE HOSTING !! LOG IN AND NOW YOU CAN EVEN POST YOUR PICTURES FROM YOUR PHONES - WELCOME TO 2014 HUH 8)

SEE YOU THERE - MICHELLE

Point Chatter - AustinDiggers.com - Arrowhead Message Board
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
digfest point

i found a point today at chrisners i was told it was a ensor !!! i looked in overstreet and did not find it in there close but no cigar

its five inches long and has a small nick on the side

if any of you saw my point please put in your input as to what it is thank u enjoyed meeting most of you

lee "sanantoniodigger"

Re: digfest point

hey lee. congrats on your find. do you ahve any pictures of it?

GOTTA SEE THIS ONE TO BELIEVE IT FOLKS! HERE IS WHAT THE LEE MAN IS TALKING ABOUT!

leeensor

whoa! nice

dang, you guys don't waste any time getting this stuff up. It was a super point.

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

I'm up but not necessarily awake

Glad the experts made a determination on your find.
Sorry I was wrong but it was just a field appraisal !!

If you remember, I said it should be worth $2,000.-
Well the reference Larry refers to is $3,000.-

.......AND.....that was 2years ago price. . . . AND. . . . the book one is ONLY 4 1/4 inches ! ! ! ! !

You are a to Surfacers the world over

well i dunno i looked at overstreet and im confused how do you guys determine how much its worth?

The Overstreet guide lists the 1st $ figure as what a dealer would pay for it & the 2nd $ figure is what the dealer would sell it for.

Lee, what a awesome point, was glad to meet you at dig fest, hope you had as much fun as we did around the camp.

100 percent ensor

wayne i enjoyed meeting you to . where u the guy with the corner tang ? im bad remembering names lol

youre a stowe ? i have stowe's in my family

i taked to dwain rodgers and he saw the pic and says its def a ensor without a doubt

thank you for your input

Lee,
Me and my wife and brother-in-law were the ones in the rv with the "fart machine".
You say that you have stowes in your family where are they from?
Wayne

What the heck is a fart machine?

I don't remember being around your camper, Wayne. Haha!

Leonard,
A fart machine is a battery operated box that has fart sounds in it which is activated by remote control so you can put in in your back pocket and make fart sounds when ever you want to and that is what we were doing at the camp fire, my wife was the one that had it in her pocket and making like she was farting.

wayne my grandmother on my moms side was a stowe ..libby stowe her dad was either oscar or andrew stowe and her mom was cora stowe from san antonio ?? any realation ?

sounds complicated I just like the standard large can of beans with chopped onion topped off with several cans of beer.

Hey Lee , I'm gonna throw out the Early Stemmed card. Looks like ensor or fairland or .....Awesome point man!

hay would u please send me a pic of that killer u found i would like to send it to a buddy of mine? e-mail adderress is pointfndr@msn.com, thanks cliff

thats a sweet point

Lee,
I checked with my sister and she didn't know of any of our kindfolks that live around san antino so i guess that we are not related, take care now.

well darn we are not related oh well your one of my friends now and that makes us family :)

Lee,
Thanks for being a friend, and family, take care now.
Maybe i will see you at one on the digs.
Thanks
Wayne

sounds good

Talk about " SALT n PEPPER " or " IVORY n EBONY "

I was drifting through past point chatters and I stumbled on an old Darrell posting. . . .see

5 INCH ENSOR MAR 10 - 08 by DCCSmileyCentral.com

Lee, I think that this is an Ensor knife, and the notching characteristics will vary with the size of the blade to the makers benefit of secure hafting for a handle. Notching variations do occur on a number of barbed point types that were made as knives. As Dwain had pointed this out to me before, I think it becomes important to brainstorm the intended use of the artifact before assigning a final determination of the type. This one is not the largest I've seen, but it is high quality/ grade. Unfortunately, the Overstreet book is a fantasy on it's pricing range values. It is flagrantly refered to as the Overprice book by dealers and show vendors here in Texas. As a show vendor, reducing the books expressed values by 40 to 50% will put you in the ballpark reality of what most items actually sell for.
Thanks for showing your very nice find.