Return to Website

AustinDiggers.com - Arrowhead Message Boards

THE MESSAGE BOARD POINT CHATTER IS NOW CLOSED TO ALL NEW POSTS.

WE HAVE MOVED TO THE NEW MESSAGE BOARD AND ALL NEW PICTURES AND POSTS WILL BE THERE FROM 4-16-2014 FORWARD.

THIS BOARD WILL CONTINUE TO BE HERE ONLY FOR INFORMATION AND TO READ / SEE ALL OLD POSTS.

GO TO AUSTINDIGGER.COM  - LOCATE THE LINK FOR POINT CHATTER II
AND LOG IN AND CHAT WITH US AND SHARE YOUR FINDS.
ALL NEW WEBSITE - ALL NEW MESSAGE BOARDS.

WE NOW HAVE PICTURE HOSTING !! LOG IN AND NOW YOU CAN EVEN POST YOUR PICTURES FROM YOUR PHONES - WELCOME TO 2014 HUH 8)

SEE YOU THERE - MICHELLE

Point Chatter - AustinDiggers.com - Arrowhead Message Board
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
DIGFEST 08

Thanks to Michelle and Hal, Pat and Richard for a great time at Digfest 08. Our Gang had a super time and we all appreciate your hard work to put this event together! I even found a point! Can we do it again next weekend? Keep in touch,the South Austin bunch and George. later,JW_JAMES

Re: DIGFEST 08

hey who won the D2 giveaway?

Hay thre.. I didn't get a chance to get the names of the weeners.. 8( Tried to do it fast and get back to the show .. bakc to the dirt!

MY "Point of the Day" ..

Was a little broken ensor .. 4ft from my truck , walking 12 ft to the Potty!!!

POTTY POINT!

Thanks to EVERYONE! Wouldn't have been the same without all the gang!

M & K, Good thing you tripped me as I was running by the trench "parking lot" or I might not have known
who you folks were
Once in the trench you only get to meet whoever is at your elbows. . . .unless you
find something nice then they come out of the hills to see the find

Guess the couple from NEBRASKA did not find anything big, they tripped me on the
way to the porta potty

I can tell you for a fact that it is impossible for anyone else at the drawing to be more shocked and distraught as I am.
Like the Winchester Company advertises. . .
"You cant call back a spent bullet" just make sure it would never happen again

If I am involved in any future draws, I had already planned to use at least the ONE ticket stub, they write their name on the back and drop in the slot.
It may well work with your double tic, It would also
reduce the time killing involved in Deceiphering the
written word, like the party that signed like a
doctors handwritting on a RX.

The bean penalty phase has already begun. . . I did not have a single morcel of food for 3 days, planning to fill up with a feast
that I would not have at home. All that was left was some
ice tea when I got to it

Just ONE of those "valley wedding cookies" would have been good [ and I was hopeing for some good luck brought by a wedding charm ]

The firm management rule right from the start was that every name on the drawing register was $40.-
with no exception. I know from late afternoon words with Richard, that was upheld.
Another rumor you should have heard is that 8 slick willies signed in free. Its not a rumor.
Seems when a group arrived, it overloaded the checkin people and the scum just
signed and got lost in the shuffle.
The movie tickets will kill that in any future events,
Entry $ is handed over with the right hand and while extended, makes it handy
to receive a tic.

More than one event per year sounds great to me, I look forward to attending as a paying guest to any
flint party

One huge plus to such a possibility is that they might be held in other
parts of TX, thus offering a mix of point types collected.
Put some pressure on to have the next in your back yard. . . I dont have any Valley
points . . .

I too heard rumors that not everyone was able to get brisket which is a shame. Richard most not have expected as many people that showed up. I really like the idea of another digfest at a different location. As purty as Michelle and Pat are they should be able to sweet-talk another land owner into letting us dig at a greatly reduced price. If it is a good site then the quantity of people showing up should be enough to off-set the difference in the money the land owner would recieve. All in all I had a great time. The only point that I found was in throw and it was a worn down Perd. I also found an eight inch blade that was laying in the road. When I picked it up and opened it up I saw that it was made in Taiwan

Thanks Hal for clearing everything up. Exactly the reason i asked... so the story could be set right. Would love to organize a Valley dig, but no one wants people digging on their land down here.

People would probably get bored walking around staring at the ground for hours just to find a triangle lol

One thing is for sure... we have even MORE respect for the veteran diggers out there... Digging is HARD work and a great way to figure out JUST how out of shape you are!

I promise that at the next dig, we will save some cookies just for you!

Hopefully those folks that snuck in ended up with poison ivy or at the very least a nasty splinter!

Thanks again to all involved - it was a pleasure meeting you and Michelle and everyone else.