Return to Website

AustinDiggers.com - Arrowhead Message Boards

THE MESSAGE BOARD POINT CHATTER IS NOW CLOSED TO ALL NEW POSTS.

WE HAVE MOVED TO THE NEW MESSAGE BOARD AND ALL NEW PICTURES AND POSTS WILL BE THERE FROM 4-16-2014 FORWARD.

THIS BOARD WILL CONTINUE TO BE HERE ONLY FOR INFORMATION AND TO READ / SEE ALL OLD POSTS.

GO TO AUSTINDIGGER.COM  - LOCATE THE LINK FOR POINT CHATTER II
AND LOG IN AND CHAT WITH US AND SHARE YOUR FINDS.
ALL NEW WEBSITE - ALL NEW MESSAGE BOARDS.

WE NOW HAVE PICTURE HOSTING !! LOG IN AND NOW YOU CAN EVEN POST YOUR PICTURES FROM YOUR PHONES - WELCOME TO 2014 HUH 8)

SEE YOU THERE - MICHELLE

Point Chatter - AustinDiggers.com - Arrowhead Message Board
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
arrowheads and bruned rock middens

i have a buddy who has offered to let me hunt for arrowheads and middens on his property on which the pecan bayou runs through for over a mile! there are some close hills on the south side about 300 yards distance from the river with some rock at the base of the hill line. Where would be a good place to do a test dig?

Re: arrowheads and bruned rock middens

I think you need to pay an expert guide that will have to bring along about thirty of his assistant guides

Leonard, we'll let Douglas be the expert and we can be the assistants

Comanch, well at least one of your problems no longer exists; ; ;
you have plenty of man power

A mile is a big area to test dig, best look for surface clues first. I suggest scroll back
through the past posts here, looking for topics that
indicate " how to / where to " find. . .
I know there is plenty of infor there [ I tried the
"search" block but couldn't pull up the right words ]

So your first surface hunt is in this forum

Is that Pecan Bayou near Brownwood,TX.? If so I used to hunt a lot around there when I lived there in the early 90's. Lot's of good stuff in that country. even found a few Palo points near Pecan Bayou.

As per Pecan Bayou

I used to hunt the Bayou some when younger. As i recall, the camp was scattered somewhat. Not the deep middens that occured south. As such, I would contain my digging around the eroded hearths you run across. Most areas in Brown and Commanche seem to be scattered camp, with somewhat limited digging potential. I do wish you well!