Return to Website

AustinDiggers.com - Arrowhead Message Boards

THE MESSAGE BOARD POINT CHATTER IS NOW CLOSED TO ALL NEW POSTS.

WE HAVE MOVED TO THE NEW MESSAGE BOARD AND ALL NEW PICTURES AND POSTS WILL BE THERE FROM 4-16-2014 FORWARD.

THIS BOARD WILL CONTINUE TO BE HERE ONLY FOR INFORMATION AND TO READ / SEE ALL OLD POSTS.

GO TO AUSTINDIGGER.COM  - LOCATE THE LINK FOR POINT CHATTER II
AND LOG IN AND CHAT WITH US AND SHARE YOUR FINDS.
ALL NEW WEBSITE - ALL NEW MESSAGE BOARDS.

WE NOW HAVE PICTURE HOSTING !! LOG IN AND NOW YOU CAN EVEN POST YOUR PICTURES FROM YOUR PHONES - WELCOME TO 2014 HUH 8)

SEE YOU THERE - MICHELLE

Point Chatter - AustinDiggers.com - Arrowhead Message Board
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Wouldn't It be nice

If I could find more than broken stuff. Dug next to a big sandstone Mega Metate Cleared out about two cubic yards of dirt and rocks.Before giving up for the day I found this stuff Quite a mix. This stuff was found at 12-14 inches down.

Photobucket

Photobucket

This was found around three inches down Researched online Made from 1911-1934 They did not call them 12guage It was just a number 12

Photobucket

Re: Wouldn't It be nice

Is that one broken piece made of crystal?

Quartz crystal or Diamond It does have some inclusions Like a lessor Quality diamond. Doubt diamond for sure.Martha would have sniffed it out when I brought it up to the house

It's definately a diomond... I wish

L, Your latest from the "Mano Tribe's Camp" needs a wee bit more clarification
please

Are you saying you found a bedrock metate ? That would answer why no traditional "slab"
metates have been found to date.

You seem very proud of that point high lighted all alone on that huge dime, Is that a COMPLETE point

Can diamonds be knapped ?? [ other than along natural
stress lines ] if so. . . .
that would be . . . .

What little digger's sweetie would not like getting a Perd diamond ring for Valentines ?

Wish I had found that 1920's shotgun shell base [ instead of the 1987 30-30 case ].
Thats real history, In 1920's Texas, that shooter was really out in the toolies , , , , SmileyCentral.com

SH If you call out croppings bedrock which I would assume they are. Large sandstone with at least 8 grinding areas. We have found a few metates travis has two taking up space at his house. I find broken chunks of them allover the place.They are made of the soft sandstone from that area so they do not last.The tip with the dime is missing its base I tried to show how sharp and pointy it is and the flint is translucent and almost purple and paper thin about as thick as 12 pack cardboard

L, I would relate your outcrop metate site to finding dinosaur tracks. . . . . you know they were right there:::: preparing food and by inferment some social
activities close by.

That is a nice dime point, the owner probably broke the delicate base off
just by handling it in hafting..