Return to Website

AustinDiggers.com - Arrowhead Message Boards

THE MESSAGE BOARD POINT CHATTER IS NOW CLOSED TO ALL NEW POSTS.

WE HAVE MOVED TO THE NEW MESSAGE BOARD AND ALL NEW PICTURES AND POSTS WILL BE THERE FROM 4-16-2014 FORWARD.

THIS BOARD WILL CONTINUE TO BE HERE ONLY FOR INFORMATION AND TO READ / SEE ALL OLD POSTS.

GO TO AUSTINDIGGER.COM  - LOCATE THE LINK FOR POINT CHATTER II
AND LOG IN AND CHAT WITH US AND SHARE YOUR FINDS.
ALL NEW WEBSITE - ALL NEW MESSAGE BOARDS.

WE NOW HAVE PICTURE HOSTING !! LOG IN AND NOW YOU CAN EVEN POST YOUR PICTURES FROM YOUR PHONES - WELCOME TO 2014 HUH 8)

SEE YOU THERE - MICHELLE

Point Chatter - AustinDiggers.com - Arrowhead Message Board
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
post your best montells!!!!!!

show off your montells!

Re: post your best montells!!!!!!

While people are scrambling to look for their 4 inch Monty's to post, here's a smattering
of spent shells. Their all Monty's even though some are hard to make out.
Just the bases, tips [ not matching ] are in another
5 gal bucket.

Photobucket

Next pic is cause corner tangs are big in the news this morning. . . . . The find [ black object ] might be construed as a mini
C-tang. . .BUT it's actually a Monty with one edge completley reworked like a blade edge

Photobucket

M is probably one of the ones searching through the storeage buckets in the
garage for the best of show Monty.
Til then, here's a pic of her Monty find of 11 - 17
[ on the left in the field display case ]

Photobucket

In case a 4 incher is too deep in the bucket, maybe just a pic of the washed item
will suffice SmileyCentral.com

Here's a pretty nice one that I found in 1988 close to Thomas Springs Rd.( Montell Travis Countyjust west of Austin)

? Where do I find them

there's some nice backs in there!

from my experience they are usually found not far below the surface but above the marshalls and associated points,i think they are late archaic pieces? i once dug up a 5 1/2 inch montell just 2 inches under the surface which at first i thought was to shallow to be a point and ended up taking a small chip off the edge , it was a beauty and has since been stolen from me. it was dug in gillipie county. i personally think the best concentration of quality yeilding sites are scattered along the balcones escarpment and the fringe lands above. oh how i wish i still lived in kerr county.

those are really nice roy , wana trade for a 8 1/2 blade?

if i knew how to post pics i would love to show you guys my collection , you would lika alot

All beautiful to look at and so thin to have survived the rigors of , Use, time, and
digger

If your squinting at that small broken,black blob above that I describe as a Montell. . .Corner tang
That is Really a KNIFE. . . .
By timely coincidence, GTwn just posted THE REAL
THING [ no squinting ]
See his posting " BETTER PICS OF MONTELLS "

Commanch, 5 1/2 inch Montel !

The mind boggles. . .SmileyCentral.com

Stollen. . . SmileyCentral.com