Return to Website

AustinDiggers.com - Arrowhead Message Boards

THE MESSAGE BOARD POINT CHATTER IS NOW CLOSED TO ALL NEW POSTS.

WE HAVE MOVED TO THE NEW MESSAGE BOARD AND ALL NEW PICTURES AND POSTS WILL BE THERE FROM 4-16-2014 FORWARD.

THIS BOARD WILL CONTINUE TO BE HERE ONLY FOR INFORMATION AND TO READ / SEE ALL OLD POSTS.

GO TO AUSTINDIGGER.COM  - LOCATE THE LINK FOR POINT CHATTER II
AND LOG IN AND CHAT WITH US AND SHARE YOUR FINDS.
ALL NEW WEBSITE - ALL NEW MESSAGE BOARDS.

WE NOW HAVE PICTURE HOSTING !! LOG IN AND NOW YOU CAN EVEN POST YOUR PICTURES FROM YOUR PHONES - WELCOME TO 2014 HUH 8)

SEE YOU THERE - MICHELLE

Point Chatter - AustinDiggers.com - Arrowhead Message Board
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Hal, pieces from FRL upclose

Another view of the tailgate.

Photobucket

Ol' Sam gave me the piece with the practice notches. It was lying among his brokes and when I commented on how neat it was he said take it. So I took it!

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

The basetang was broken during manufacture. I also wonder why the tiny notches, and why notches before finishing?

Photobucket

The good Doctor with two of the better finds. You will not see a better Langtry, both of these came out of the hole in the field. I gave him the new "lucky" hat, we got together this summer at Pipe Creek and the boy left it at home, how is that for gratitude?

Photobucket

Photobucket

And if you want to see some color. Before, you can see this point is laying on the tailgate. After, I got a quote from Gomer yesterday to do a restoration.

Photobucket

Re: Hal, pieces from FRL upclose

nice

Roy, Five years and a day for me. As for the Langtry, you are getting old and forgetful. It was posted on PROS last May. It sure is a sweet point with those long ears.

What a great followup to the "standard" tailgate party
I continue to be intrigued by the delicate notches on that huge blade, Tks for the closeup.

I { we all } would like to see that great candy striped point after Dr Gomer operates, it's a beauty.
Certainly gives a lie to the notion that ALL pieces from FRL are Root beer to cream soda translucent.! !

Good shots of the G11's before they got tailgated

Just noticed the practice piece might only have one etra notch, holding in the right direction, could it have been a square
baser gone wrong ??

I've seen the Gomer "catalogue", people have sent in really small bases and like 3/4 was reconstructed
{ maybe Perd size ] Since your in touch with the
man, why not ask for a quote on the delicate base
tang. . . . They may look on it as a challenge that
might grace the front cover of future catalogues
of " No job to large "

Your going to need a bigger tailgate SmileyCentral.com