Return to Website

AustinDiggers.com - Arrowhead Message Boards

THE MESSAGE BOARD POINT CHATTER IS NOW CLOSED TO ALL NEW POSTS.

WE HAVE MOVED TO THE NEW MESSAGE BOARD AND ALL NEW PICTURES AND POSTS WILL BE THERE FROM 4-16-2014 FORWARD.

THIS BOARD WILL CONTINUE TO BE HERE ONLY FOR INFORMATION AND TO READ / SEE ALL OLD POSTS.

GO TO AUSTINDIGGER.COM  - LOCATE THE LINK FOR POINT CHATTER II
AND LOG IN AND CHAT WITH US AND SHARE YOUR FINDS.
ALL NEW WEBSITE - ALL NEW MESSAGE BOARDS.

WE NOW HAVE PICTURE HOSTING !! LOG IN AND NOW YOU CAN EVEN POST YOUR PICTURES FROM YOUR PHONES - WELCOME TO 2014 HUH 8)

SEE YOU THERE - MICHELLE

Point Chatter - AustinDiggers.com - Arrowhead Message Board
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Dadgum vegetarians!! More from Leonard's

Leonard's 12-8-08

Dug about 3 hrs and made a poor showing but not empty handed. The tip is about 2"X3/4" so it's a bigger than used to be piece from the Turkey Creek bird point losing vegetarians. The whole mano is pretty cool. Seems they used it at all different angles. Thanks Leonard.

Re: Dadgum vegetarians!! More from Leonard's

A few more and that will make 75 manos. Maybe they used those manos to clobber the bison and deer It would make for a cleaner kill.Or maybe they used them to stone people to death. Why so many in that small area? Hey at least you did not have to walk back to the truck empty handed.

I dug around a different rock than you did. Didn't want to steal your better spot. I was to the left as you walk back there. I moved a spitpot full of rocks out of that hole and didn't see much flint. The broke was laying on top of a flat rock about 12" deep. The manos from part of hole toward yours.

I'm going to go back there and find a Paleo. Just you watch me!

Travis
That would be really nice you need to find some artifacts.Maybe you will find some over the weekend.

Travis, all our hopes now rest with you. . .PERFORM SmileyCentral.com

4 Brad. . .

4 L, this "vegetarian" thing is not a joking matter anymore
There must be something unique about your site not common to many other locations, question is "what and where"

That full point you found last week may have been owned by a discenter that had a hankering for
Rabbit stew.
They may have exiled the heretic meatatarian

I'll do my best. Put me in coach I'm ready to go

I read today on texas beyond history. Some site findings the pros think stone grinding implements are signs of low populations of meat bearing animals.That sure could be one of the many reasons the ratio of points to manos.
I will build a fireplace when I have collected enough manos.Or maybe a cobblestone walkway.

Hell, we can pave a road from there to your house in Arlington in a couple more years.

That's good information Leonard. Did the article say the natives would have eaten less meat and planted crops and eaten off trees instead?

It did note that the manos makers could cultivate crops. But it may have easier just to gather nuts,seed,and roots. It is starting to come into better light.over 1/2 dozen fire hearths and very little bone fragments or burnt bones.Gosh what a way to live all that widerness and not much meat to roast.Another thought all the fire hearths are pretty small. could it be they were hiding out and did not want large fires. This is just some thouhts that developed after reading some articles on another site.Have a nice warm early winter day

L, All seriousness asside, I'm really pleased you have actually found some authoritative documented research that accounts for manos to weapons ratio.

That area of TX looks like it would ALWAYS have been some productive of game [ witness the spent shotgun &
big bore caseings ] There is a modern day parallel, right now in some parts of Africa that appear near "lush" [ NOT desert ] they are surviving on roots
and insects.

Trav, Your still on deck, dont try wheedling out with any stupid old well worn excuses, like. . .

I couldnt get out . . .IT SNOWED SmileyCentral.com

Or HEY I AM COLD And dont wanna blow out my manicure.I am going to put a burn barrel back in the old camp. so when the manos are not coming out like wildfire you can stand next to a red hot 55 gallon drum And burn up some roots

Ha! Yeah..no excuses here. I'll do my best to bring home some Palo Pinto Co. finds. Leonard, that 55 gallon drum idea is a pretty good one. With all the wind and cold weather we have had the last couple of days it's not a bad idea at all. No snow. But I hear college station had some this morning...

Travis
I could you build a wind shelter with a small heater you could move it around. kinda like the huts they use up north during the winter for ice fishing.

Be tough, man. Be tough!

Yeah-Yeah I'm not a northerner so I son't know what cold is...