Return to Website

AustinDiggers.com - Arrowhead Message Boards

THE MESSAGE BOARD POINT CHATTER IS NOW CLOSED TO ALL NEW POSTS.

WE HAVE MOVED TO THE NEW MESSAGE BOARD AND ALL NEW PICTURES AND POSTS WILL BE THERE FROM 4-16-2014 FORWARD.

THIS BOARD WILL CONTINUE TO BE HERE ONLY FOR INFORMATION AND TO READ / SEE ALL OLD POSTS.

GO TO AUSTINDIGGER.COM  - LOCATE THE LINK FOR POINT CHATTER II
AND LOG IN AND CHAT WITH US AND SHARE YOUR FINDS.
ALL NEW WEBSITE - ALL NEW MESSAGE BOARDS.

WE NOW HAVE PICTURE HOSTING !! LOG IN AND NOW YOU CAN EVEN POST YOUR PICTURES FROM YOUR PHONES - WELCOME TO 2014 HUH 8)

SEE YOU THERE - MICHELLE

Point Chatter - AustinDiggers.com - Arrowhead Message Board
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
ancient indian camp ground in zilker park

http://www.statesman.com/news/content/news/stories/local/12/11/1211archaeology.html

Re: ancient indian camp ground in zilker park

I am probably one of the last people that got to dig there just before they built the train ride. The owner of McBrides gun shop on North Lamar use to have 2 cigar boxes full of big blades that came from there, and they were impressive.

I admit I have not read the entire article at this writting but while out shopping yesterday
I spotted the article on the front pape of the paper.
Did a quick [ free ] scan of the text.
Got the general idea but what stood out like words with yellow highlighter....
COST $ 700,000.00 ! This is in the heart of Austin TX so the actual costs that the contractors will
be expecting is the usual 25% "overrun" = $1,000,000.00

Sounds like a lot to me just for what Mike & Mc left
behind SmileyCentral.com

We can't have left behind much! They claimed it was all dug out before I was there. So, ours was a dog scrap dig at best. Most of the digging was done in the 1950's. When your on the banks of the Colorado, or Barton Creek, realestate values is a game only Megabucks can play.

I finally Read the story on the Barton springs dig, sho nuff, I was too critical on the costs.
The article clearly states they are only after the FLAKES that Mike & Mc left behind. NO permanant vandal proof info center to at least show pic of what was found, TARL seems to be involved so the "finds" will be safely encased in proper wood boxes up on
Burnet road and the University's finacial books duly
upgraded with the new find's intrinsic values.
One million is actually a very modest sum to find out
what M&M left behind, In the same time slot they are
installing a 2.5 million dollar lawn sprinkler
sytem right across the street.SmileyCentral.com