Return to Website

AustinDiggers.com - Arrowhead Message Boards

THE MESSAGE BOARD POINT CHATTER IS NOW CLOSED TO ALL NEW POSTS.

WE HAVE MOVED TO THE NEW MESSAGE BOARD AND ALL NEW PICTURES AND POSTS WILL BE THERE FROM 4-16-2014 FORWARD.

THIS BOARD WILL CONTINUE TO BE HERE ONLY FOR INFORMATION AND TO READ / SEE ALL OLD POSTS.

GO TO AUSTINDIGGER.COM  - LOCATE THE LINK FOR POINT CHATTER II
AND LOG IN AND CHAT WITH US AND SHARE YOUR FINDS.
ALL NEW WEBSITE - ALL NEW MESSAGE BOARDS.

WE NOW HAVE PICTURE HOSTING !! LOG IN AND NOW YOU CAN EVEN POST YOUR PICTURES FROM YOUR PHONES - WELCOME TO 2014 HUH 8)

SEE YOU THERE - MICHELLE

Point Chatter - AustinDiggers.com - Arrowhead Message Board
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
More finds from Sanderson 12-13

I went on my last deer hunting trip this weekend and found a few things. I only dug for an hour, but in that time I found the top four. The bottom row are surface finds. I stayed away from the shelters and dug in the middens this time.

The top stone is smooth. Is it some type of mano?
Photobucket

Second to the end on the bottom I'm guessing was broke while being made. The one on the end is ugly, but I think it is a Gary.

Re: More finds from Sanderson 12-13

One of these days I'll find something to make Hal go

Any find is a good find Dj are you digging? or just looking down.

Wow, those one hour dig finds are practically a BONANZA

Come warm spring WX, we'll have a major expedition
[ sort of a AUSDGRSSPRINGBREAKFEST DIG ]

You know my focus of interest, I didn't want to mention the words again but I couldn't
find a metal detecting Smiley

Good finds for a deer hunt Safari

DJ SH might be admitting he is a fair weathered friend

He's a fair weathered friend? He's getting Michelle out of bed to go digging this morning when the temperature might not make it out of the 30s. Oh, and the top two rows are dug. I was pretty happy to see a lot of flint in the new place I chose to dig. Does anybody know what the top stone is?
It looks like the left side was going to have a pointed end like the other side does.

Is the middle point a Fresno or a Maud? Neither?

The middle point in the top row of 3 look's like a Piasano & if so, I'd like to ask if it's for sale?
Silver

Hey Silver, we've found like 3 Paisanos out here so far, and if that is what this is, this is the best one. We aren't interested in letting them go until we find some duplicates. I'll keep you in mind if we find anymore.

Does anybody know if the white one is complete? Do I have it upside down? I don't think so, but my wife and dad do. Mike? Hal? Anyody else? I've had some opinions as to what it is I'm just trying to see what the consensus is.

I think I vote with the upside crowd...IF it's the base of a Langtry, the original owner that resharpened it had a pretty warped sense
of style

Re that top rock, if it was dug from a campsite, it was used for SOMETHING. Hammer stone, nutcracker,
bone crusher, mano, pestle.

There were different methods of grinding for certain areas [ N TX vs SW for example ] I seem to recall the
SW primarily used a much longer "push" than say a less
aggresive " roundy-round motion ]

If a mono, a VERY OBVIOUS smooth area would be evident SmileyCentral.com

It is smooth all over including the side except for the broke part of course.

The mano that is.

good finds for only an hour

Thanks. I feel a little embarrassed to post mine compared to some of the others that are being posted. One good thing is they are coming from property that I own.

No reason to be embarrassed,points from your own property are nice.I haven't posted any pics yet.

I think very few people find the amount that they are finding.

You fellers got my ears burning!! Hang in there and you will find the 1 eventually. I dug my first mound at our horse ranch for 6 years and didn't find a whole point....ever... Most all of my collection has come in 2 mounds in the last 2 years.