Return to Website

AustinDiggers.com - Arrowhead Message Boards

THE MESSAGE BOARD POINT CHATTER IS NOW CLOSED TO ALL NEW POSTS.

WE HAVE MOVED TO THE NEW MESSAGE BOARD AND ALL NEW PICTURES AND POSTS WILL BE THERE FROM 4-16-2014 FORWARD.

THIS BOARD WILL CONTINUE TO BE HERE ONLY FOR INFORMATION AND TO READ / SEE ALL OLD POSTS.

GO TO AUSTINDIGGER.COM  - LOCATE THE LINK FOR POINT CHATTER II
AND LOG IN AND CHAT WITH US AND SHARE YOUR FINDS.
ALL NEW WEBSITE - ALL NEW MESSAGE BOARDS.

WE NOW HAVE PICTURE HOSTING !! LOG IN AND NOW YOU CAN EVEN POST YOUR PICTURES FROM YOUR PHONES - WELCOME TO 2014 HUH 8)

SEE YOU THERE - MICHELLE

Point Chatter - AustinDiggers.com - Arrowhead Message Board
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
POTTERY ID ?

Took a break from digging yesterday and went along a small creek that I have been meaning to check out before they put a toll road booth over it....

I was just looking for a camp that would be easy to spot from previous diggers throw piles.. Much to my surprise, I seemed to have stumbled onto an UNDUG
site. With no tools with me all I could do was look around.

There was an obvious fire pit and it had a small pottery "jug" right next to it. It's quite pretty.

Can anyone offer an ID on the decorative pattern ??
I left it in situ for now until I go back for a
proper "excavation"

Photobucket

Re: POTTERY ID ?

what in the world?

It look's like it might be plastic...

Hal, I served for 4 years as the chief Geologist on the Toll road project (North sections 3 through 9). We processed 2 indian sites (Davis Springs & another unrecorded one). There were many, many transient camps with some pretty cool stuff like this art deco pot, probably from bed,bath,and beyond! It would look killer next to that 17 inch long blade & foot long Perd & Mano hanger. After telling you about Santa on the chopper,....BAM...you get the Cover shot of the Season! Truely Cool! Shallow Hal, you are blessed with DEEP Creativity!

looks like a staged photo to me, notice the dirt thrown on top of the made in china pot?

Yeah, with Hal you know it was staged.

He wanted an ID on the pattern. I call it "black and white, circles and squares" I believe this pattern began around 1500 A.D. but due to its hidiousness ended around 1550 A.D. this should help with the time line. I believe House of Furniture, a small chain of furniture stores, attempted to bring back this pattern. Unfortunately it was still considered the Elephant Man of patterns and the store met its demise. Also, I wouldn't dig around this piece. Whoever made it may have been buried with it, and we know how that goes. Before you make the mistake of puting it on a shelf in your home and being the laughing stock of all your friends, I'd break it. Or paint it another color maybe. (I'm not as eloquent with the B.S. as you guys are, sorry)

What are you guys talking about?? That's a real Indian artifact!...made in India

over 20 years ago I had a B*ng with that same design on it After warming it up a while it looked even more funny. Crossing the border into Canada it was taken And the interior of my truck was removed they made me run over my radar detector and then denied entry and took the pipe.

Our species and its way of thinking are the product of Evolution, not the purpose of Evolution.

I can hal,that is a booger pot that was ceremonially killed by the stuffed animal poser tribe of Travis County.The tribe is a historic/present day tribe and is thought to be kin of the extinct dumbarse tribe.

. . . . With all the tough and / or weird ID's we have see on these pages, I am absolutly amazed
that such a "unique" find would be nailed so close by so many. . .

MIKE gets SmileyCentral.com
Photobucket

The subject matter is dead center in the middle of this pic [ in a transient camp near a toll road ! ]

Chris might be closest to [ insert here, a smiley with a #2 ribbon ]
The pot itself is very late INCA. This can be firmly established because the bottom is signed right in the clay material by the maker including the
country of origin. . . . .
PLUS there is a little white label saying
. . . . " MADE IN PERU "

Photobucket

Ribbon #3 probably would go to the party noting it came from a place like BB&B.....It has the look of an overpriced [ upscale ! ] item.

TKS for all the help,
IF I did display it, I really would prefer it was broken and sloppily glued back together

SmileyCentral.com

Thanks Hal,
I figured I couldn't be much off track. I stay on this site because I enjoy positive feedback from anyone I may be able to assist, help, etc. I like humor as much as anyone, and try to steer clear of negatives, as there is usually too much of it around.

one man's junk is another man's treasure

Looks like you found a place for it.