Return to Website

AustinDiggers.com - Arrowhead Message Boards

THE MESSAGE BOARD POINT CHATTER IS NOW CLOSED TO ALL NEW POSTS.

WE HAVE MOVED TO THE NEW MESSAGE BOARD AND ALL NEW PICTURES AND POSTS WILL BE THERE FROM 4-16-2014 FORWARD.

THIS BOARD WILL CONTINUE TO BE HERE ONLY FOR INFORMATION AND TO READ / SEE ALL OLD POSTS.

GO TO AUSTINDIGGER.COM  - LOCATE THE LINK FOR POINT CHATTER II
AND LOG IN AND CHAT WITH US AND SHARE YOUR FINDS.
ALL NEW WEBSITE - ALL NEW MESSAGE BOARDS.

WE NOW HAVE PICTURE HOSTING !! LOG IN AND NOW YOU CAN EVEN POST YOUR PICTURES FROM YOUR PHONES - WELCOME TO 2014 HUH 8)

SEE YOU THERE - MICHELLE

Point Chatter - AustinDiggers.com - Arrowhead Message Board
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
FloTwnDigger- you and your Dad> straight to Jail !!

Anybody who digs up ANY ancient grave without proper professional archaeological direction should be shackled and taken straight to JAIL !!
In this hobby if you cant recognize that simple parameter then you need to take up horse-shoes. This whole debate just shows how absolutely dumb you all are. In fact I hope the law reads all this, takes down your emails and tracks you down, then confinscates your collections, fines you and gives you jail time too.

Michelle- could you possibly change the direction of your forum to intelligent conversation about real topics, by real hobby minded semi-educated people? And not this rift raft??

Re: FloTwnDigger- you and your Dad> straight to Jail !!

First of all Big Blade Dude? Yeah right, trying to compensate or are you the grim reaper of freedom?

The internet should be an open froum for ideas and discussions. The mear mention of shackels and law enforcement based upon your "beliefs" speaks volumes of your intellect and sence of responsibility.

Do you really think that the Natine American Cybercrimes divison is actively montering forums with their CSI style field agents ready to analyse the artifacts eveyone on this forum shares?

Horseshoes is a nice mention; did the Native Anericans even have the need to shoe not only their hoeses but themselves? Or did they make use of the natulal resources avaiable, mocassin style?

Your lofty ideas are at the core of todays societal weakness!!!! Laws created by our sociotey did not protect the sanctity of such beautiful and harmonious race of people, who would have NEVER imposed their will on others via your legal concepts and denying ANY living creatures freedom.

And speaking of dumb, why would the law confiscate my artifacts because of words typed in a forum? Coming from law enforcement, I would have to say that historical artifacts are not on my list of duties. In fact, most cops you ask won't even know what the laws are in reference to artifacts. And a fine? what would I be fined for? I say you should be fined, for being a hypocrite. You say we're dumb, and yet you say dumb things.

Michelle: I value and respect the chance to speak in this forum. In my profession, there aren't many people that I can relate to. There are only about four people that I share my finds with. I understand that young-uns read this stuff and that we should watch what we say. But aside from people attempting to force thier beliefs on others, I rarely read anything a 5th grader couldn't handle. I don't personally know any of you, but I feel that I can relate to most of you in the hobbies that we have in common. Thank you for this forum.

Here we go again. . . For those that are still ing
If you strongly [ and heatedly ] disagree with any posting, the most powerfull and effective retort, , , is NO retort at all. Just let it go and it will be relegated to "old postings" that no body ever reads again..SmileyCentral.com

Well Chris

You are welcome and the forum will be around for a while. As far as the kiddies.. WEll, there are still kiddies in here... I can tell

One of the kiddies from the board (One that I am sure posts in here themselves and is about 40 !)

Was nice enough to COMPLAIN like a ***** little baby to my "Family Friendly" sponcer and got me kicked off that listing.

Isn't life grand????

BBD - I really cannot control the topics.. all I can think of you to maybe do is just read the headers and see if its something you might be interested in before the evil "click here" button.

Merry Christmas to all .. Over and Out. .

Did anybody get any replies back from this guy in their emails? I know several people emailed him for his "free dig" and I was wondering how that turned out.

Big Blowhard Dude, I think you posted what you did just to gey a raise out of everybody. Your life must be extremely boring to spend so much time and effort to want to threaten and aggrevate the GOOD people on this site. There is absolutely nothing that you can do in your small small world that will stop anyone from digging up a grave. I don't agree with digging one up but any digger that been in this hobby long enough has to have come across human remains knowingly or not. If you don't like what is being posted do as SH suggested. Better yet why don't you just go away. Rift-raft like you make me very tired.

Big Blade Boy, All of this has been comical as far as I am concerned. A link to the laws on this subject was posted for all to read( which you obviously did not do). My friend posted the picture in the hopes that other diggers might enjoy it as we all do. If you did not enjoy the post then so be it. We were not looking for your or anyone else's approval. Hope everyone else is having a great day and making plans for the weekend, we will be digging fo sho. Good luck with yours.

This is not a case of whether any artifact hunters find digging into a known grave right or wrong. All of those in support of doing this keep referring to THEIR beliefs about graves, and are disregarding what the cultures who were buried believed in. That is what the crux of the conversation from my perspective is. It is a basic question: did the Natives of this land wish for their remains to be disturbed, regardless of how much time has passed? Does it really matter that you have a different belief of the afterlife? So because you are Christian and believe the spirit leaves the body and it doesn't matter what happens after you are covered in dirt? The man buried might have had a different outlook, and thus should be respected as such. And I am not speculating about said feelings concerning the Native Americans who were subjected to genocide and colonization. They were VERY spritual, and the notion to them of someone KNOWINGLY digging into their burial mounds or graves is reprehensable and about the worst thing you could do to them. So in closing, this is not about OUR opinions...there is an all too diminshed voice in this country that is against this practice, and you know it.

BBD aint making many friends arond here

I thought i could stir it up, but i aint got nothing on BBD. Not since Gino have we had such fun on this board. Thanks for shaking thing up BDD, and by the way, you were way, way out of line BBD.
Merry Christmas to all & Happy New Year!

How do we know it was a barrel mound and not a midden for some cannibal tribe?

Well, BBD, I heckless, would LOVE to see them!

You are more than welcome to email me the pics if you prefer!

I have DIRT ENVY! Its been to long since I dig! But JUST started my vacation, not back till Jan 3rd! and I WILL be getting dirty as I can!

Big Blade Dude,
In case you haven't noticed, life can be awfully short. Try to enjoy it instead of being offended by us dumb butt rednecks. All you have to do is turn down the Haughty and Rude knob then fade it to a happy medium between A-hole and nice guy. Life will be much easier on you then. Just come back here from time to time just to reconfirm just how much smarter you are than the rest of us. thank you and have a lovely day, sir.

you are my hero Brad!

Texas does not have a specific Native American Grave Protection and Repatriation Act. The Texas Antiquities code Ann. # 191 states that one must obtain a permit from the Texas Historical Commission to dig on state land. Unmarked graves on private land are the property of the landowner and may be dealt with at the landowners discretion. Digging in an unmarked burial ground on state land without a permit is a misdemeanor. Digging in an unmarked burial ground on private land without permission from the landowner is a felony.
The Texas Health and safety Code Ann. # 711.004 contains some rather obtuse verbage about abusing a corpse. The way the law reads, if Great Great Great Aunt Hilda is buried on your land and her grave us no longer marked, you can dig her up and use her skull for an ash tray. It might not be right but thats just the way it is.

Fencejumpers! Ha! Good one!

Have a nice life, Mr. Righteousness. We see that you wear your little feeling on your sleeve. They will get covered up with dirt if you're not very careful. Try not to break a nail while digging, either.

COME ON MAN, LIGHTEN UP!

I'm going to get my new wiggle pick(indian skull perforator) from James Kemp. Maybe I can find somewhere to pillage some points on the way back.

Big Blade DUD- Pleeease don't leave. I can't remember having this much fun. I woke up at 4:30 am bright eyed and bushy tailed looking forward to your latest moronic rant and sure enough... you didn't disapoint. May I suggest taking a deep breath... and holding it indefinately. Just be nice!

You guys are telling Big Blade Dude to lighten up, yet then post idiocy such as using your wiggle pick as an "indian skull perforator"? Obviously you do not respect the culture of the Native Americans, so why do you hunt for points made by them? IT IS NOT ABOUT WHETHER YOU THINK IT IS A BIG DEAL, IT IS WHETHER THE PERSONS AND CULTURES WHO WERE BURIED THINK ITS A BIG DEAL. GO RESEARCH HOW NATIVE AMERICAN CULTURES FEEL ABOUT ANY PERSONS THAT KNOWINGLY DISTURB A BURIAL PLACE. AGAIN, BECAUSE YOU ARE JUST NOT GRASPING THIS...THE SITUATION HAS ZERO, ZILCH, NADA TO DO WITH YOUR OPINION OF RIGHT AND WRONG. THIS HAS TO DO WITH THE WISHES OF THE CULTURES THAT CAME BEFORE AND BEING RESPECTFUL ENOUGH TO LEAVE AT LEAST AN OBVIOUS BURIAL SPOT ALONE. IS THERE NOT ENOUGH OTHER PLACES TO HUNT FOR ARROWHEADS, REALLY? STOP TELLING ME AND ANY OTHER PERSONS WHO WISH TO RESPECT THE FINAL RESTING PLACE OF THE DECEASED TO LIGHTEN UP OR THAT WE ARE WRONG. GO TO THE REMAINING RESOURCES WE HAVE ON THE MATTER, SIT WITH A FULL-BLOODED NATIVE AMERICAN AND ASK THEM HOW THEY FEEL ABOUT IT. I BET YOU DON'T. I IMAGINE IT WOULD BE HARD TO LOOK SOMEONE IN THE FACE AND TELL THEM YOU ARE KNOWINGLY DIGGING UP REMAINS, SIMPLY BECAUSE YOU THINK ITS OK BASED ON YOUR BELIEFS.

If you don't like the idea of digging in a burial mound than you shouldn't be digging at all. You think that full blooded Indian your talking about is going to be ok with you because you dig for arrowheads, but you leave the burials alone? If you dig often there is a good chance you're going to come across some bones someday, and you just disturbed a burial site that they didn't want you messing with to begin with. With the name Dirt Digger, I guess it is obvious that you dig for arrowheads and you may have some points in your cases that were buried with somebody and meant for the "after life". Their bodies have already turned to dust and you didn't even know it. You are a huge hypocrite and don't even realize it. Both you and BBD. Oh, and Brad, hopefully you hand that wiggle pick down to your kids and they do the same, and so on, so someday they can use that perforator on me. I'll probably have a cache of 20 winchester 130 grain along with about 300 .22 bullets.

Wow, you really are pretty thick-headed,aren't you? I said KNOWINGLY IN A BURIAL MOUND, OR AN OBVIOUS GRAVE SITE. Not in the side of a creek bank or in creek gravel or in the place where I hunt, which is not an indian burial site, but a camp and it has been scientifically researched that it is a camp and not where any graves were. Yes, through archealogy you can determine that, so my bases are covered and my conscience is clear. Yours obviously is as well, I suppose meth tends to help numb obvious incompetance and ignorance. Artifact collectors get a bad name from guys like you who have ZERO ethics, and it makes the guys who do have a shred of decency lose the ability to hunt places, or be seen as good guys. Have fun with your little comments about Indian bones and what you will use them for, you are just making my case clearer and clearer. Oh, by the way, I have never found a single bone when hunting and I have been hunting for over 5 years. So much for that theory you dimwits.

Ok, if you have been digging for 5 years and have yet to find a bone, you are either blind or have absolutely no idea what a bone looks like. I personally think you need some vagasil.

Well now, this is probably not a good time to mention that most drills are not really drills.

GREAT!!

Thats all we needed! A feminine Hygiene Sponcer

Brought to you by products for your "Mangina"

Big Blade Dude come on man get off your high horse and get off the dam computer and just go dig, just go dig ,man ,it really lets the stress leave your body!!!

Signed ,
jpthedigger

Hey, Dirt Digger, it was a joke about the "skull perforator". You are one of the problems with America, along with Big Blade Dude. You need to nut up and not worry so much about hurting EVERYBODY else's feelings.

Wake up America! This country was not founded on political correctness.

Jeeeeeeezzzz! All you weenies need to move back to GB!

All this B S was for fun? May I recomend a few a few day in a soft walled room.

Congratulations BBD, you get the A-Hole award of the year. You must have been the kid everyone picked on in school. We were all doing fine until the Rude Dude poped in. Your just looking for acceptance in your own twisted way aren't you. Got No use for people like you, none what so ever.

HEY bbd Do you think I was taking a shot at you. I would never do that. Me just a po guy with no edumakayshin My wife and 11 babees live in a 1968 airstream camper. us have a dell commuter machine given to my family by the texas colition to help us find a single wide they also gonna by us a truck or car My case worker wants me to try to find a job.so maybe i could move up a notch in the world.me know bad Guy just no skoolen.

Merry Christmas to all and to all a good night!

Geo, you are probably right about the cussin, but I think you get a little more people coming in here when there's some drama going on. It gets a little boring and dissapointing when you come check the forum and there are no new posts. You start looking forward to checking out what some idiot is going to post next when there is a topic like this. I also would like to see some more posts of old and new arrowhead finds. That's just me though.

Anybody got sum duck tape my windeer fell out?

Then I would rather have LESS people in that case!

Who wants drama????? I sure don't want people coming in here just to see what kind of crap has been posted.

Heck , if thats all its for I don't need to re-up in Jan.

Most of my posts are about artifacts. That is the main reason I'm here.

Well DJ, you are in the lower percent and I thank you for it.

I might have pictures of dum stuffed animals... but this IS suposed to be a FUN hobby right?

Thanks
Michelle

Yeah, it is. You and Hal come up with some goofy stuff and you can tell you're having a lot of fun. It doen't bother me a bit as long as you show your finds.

Just love digging for arrowheads!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

Michelle and Hal,

Yall started a good thing with the point chatter but as with all good things there is always,always someone to mess it up for everyone else I ve told you before I love your site I meant it and Would love to go digging some time after the new year starts,and just have a great time digging with you and Hal and anyone else that wants to come ,maybe to richards or out to nachos ,anyway I have been digging and sifting for artifacts for 30 yrs and have some beutiful stuff just dont know how to put it onthe web page for all to see. I started when I was 7 digging and it is my # 1 passion now passing up deer hunting by just a little .I live south of houston so I dont get out yall way very often but would like to meet you and show you my caddo indian points , lots of albas and smaller points ,couple garys ,barber I found in Bastop on a TAAA dig good old Bob.Anyhow maybe one day at richard and marys till then I,ll just have to dream about digging.
your hopefull future digging pal
Jpthedigger

any one who wants to dig my grave is more than welcome I dont think ill care. im not a doctor and dont even play one on tv

quote "Im telling you in no uncertain terms that is Ethically, Morally and Religously wrong to dig a burial when you are not a professional."unquote

If the excavation of a burial is "Ethically, Morally and Religously wrong" then it is Ethically, Morally and Religously wrong for anyone, professional or amateur. A university degree does not absolve anyone of responsibility when it comes to questions of ethics or morality. Now, should burials be excavated? In my opinion the answer is no but that is based on respect for what at one time was another living human being. It seems to me that most people, ancient or modern, are more concerned with the spirit, or soul, rather than the earthly remains left behind. Unless you are involved in ancestor worship then bones are just bones. What made the person a person has long since gone.

BBd, I kinda figured you were joshing folks when you went psycho. Your arguments really did not have merit or basis to it. You assumed that all avocational diggers where grave robbers while professionals where not. You remind me a lot of a person that was one of the worst diggers that I have ever met until he went to school to become a professional and now he is one of the worst professional I have ever met. To bad your life is so boring that you have to be a mean person. Mean people suck.

I'm still tryin' to figure out what a "creaton" is.

We must not forget this one. It is quite informing