Return to Website

AustinDiggers.com - Arrowhead Message Boards

THE MESSAGE BOARD POINT CHATTER IS NOW CLOSED TO ALL NEW POSTS.

WE HAVE MOVED TO THE NEW MESSAGE BOARD AND ALL NEW PICTURES AND POSTS WILL BE THERE FROM 4-16-2014 FORWARD.

THIS BOARD WILL CONTINUE TO BE HERE ONLY FOR INFORMATION AND TO READ / SEE ALL OLD POSTS.

GO TO AUSTINDIGGER.COM  - LOCATE THE LINK FOR POINT CHATTER II
AND LOG IN AND CHAT WITH US AND SHARE YOUR FINDS.
ALL NEW WEBSITE - ALL NEW MESSAGE BOARDS.

WE NOW HAVE PICTURE HOSTING !! LOG IN AND NOW YOU CAN EVEN POST YOUR PICTURES FROM YOUR PHONES - WELCOME TO 2014 HUH 8)

SEE YOU THERE - MICHELLE

Point Chatter - AustinDiggers.com - Arrowhead Message Board
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Digging at Nacho's this weekend

Photobucket These were all found by a friend of mine yesterday. The perdiz is over 2 inches long and probably the find of the day for our group. Photobucket These are my finds. The 2 early triangles were my best I guess.

Re: Digging at Nacho's this weekend

The Perdiz looks like the same one spotted by Nacho at the close of the day on the 14th. It never made it to the screen table, but am glad to see that it was apparently found. Perdiz tend to be long and slender like that, and thats a good one. The consistancy of finds looks about the same from 1 week before. The La Jita is also nice but small. There have got to be some good Bell points in there somewhere, if they would just come out whole. I found 3 broken ones. Hopefully, they are still digging towards the cabin, where it is anticipated to get better. Thank You for your Report!

Oh yeah, this site has early triangular, kinney, and alot of Matamoros. Your white one in the second photo looks more like Matamoros. I found one with pronounced serrated edges and wound up selling it to my table buddy before leaving the site. This site has to get Hot with whole finds at some stage.

I appreciate the info, I am not real good with point types from this area. Some of the best flint color I have ever seen at the new dig, lots of rootbeer.

I am good with point types, so give me a holler anytime. Quality translucent grade rootbeer colored flint is a good ear mark for the Devils River Limestone Formation, in which it was deposited. Thats what weve got down here, and lots of it. I'm only 10 miles from the site, but at 200. a pop, gota sell alot of my finds to stay afloat. I own a site too, but its close to being dug out now.

Wow, thats not the glowing report we expected, musta been some poison Ivy growing in that area of the camp
in the old days.

Brokes happen