Return to Website

AustinDiggers.com - Arrowhead Message Boards

THE MESSAGE BOARD POINT CHATTER IS NOW CLOSED TO ALL NEW POSTS.

WE HAVE MOVED TO THE NEW MESSAGE BOARD AND ALL NEW PICTURES AND POSTS WILL BE THERE FROM 4-16-2014 FORWARD.

THIS BOARD WILL CONTINUE TO BE HERE ONLY FOR INFORMATION AND TO READ / SEE ALL OLD POSTS.

GO TO AUSTINDIGGER.COM  - LOCATE THE LINK FOR POINT CHATTER II
AND LOG IN AND CHAT WITH US AND SHARE YOUR FINDS.
ALL NEW WEBSITE - ALL NEW MESSAGE BOARDS.

WE NOW HAVE PICTURE HOSTING !! LOG IN AND NOW YOU CAN EVEN POST YOUR PICTURES FROM YOUR PHONES - WELCOME TO 2014 HUH 8)

SEE YOU THERE - MICHELLE

Point Chatter - AustinDiggers.com - Arrowhead Message Board
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Salmon fishing on the columbia river.

Photobucket I was told by the state fish checker guy that this was the largest salmon caught opening day.(sep 1st) We paid a guide to fish on the columbia about an hour outside of portland. Anyone visiting the area should check in on the salmon fishing, it was the best day I have ever had with a rod and reel. A word of caution; we had too book 4 months in advance.

Re: Salmon fishing on the columbia river.

Photobucket This is my mothers fish on the same day. Our guide Dan is holding the fish, it was about 35 to 40 pounds.

My salmon was just under 50 pounds. I have shot a couple of bucks in my day. I will try and get a good pic of my best one on the wall and post it here.

great snotty tasted great too

I won't bother holding up my lake record crappy to that one !

Your would EAT my fish!

HUGE ! hoe long did it take to real in??

Michelle

In can take 15 or 20 minutes to reel in a big one. You unhook the boat from your anchor and follow it around. We had 5 fish break off on our boat, and I watched at least a dozen more snap on other boats. It gets so crowded that there might be 3 or 4 hundred boats on a bend in the river in long single file lines.

Nice G-10+ fish... If there was a FOOD money book for processed salmon ,like we have for flint,
thats a high dollar "find"
Here's my Columbia River area input to compliment your
story. . . .

Photobucket

I camped on the North shore of the river, not far from the mouth. The Park rangers were still not happy
about the amount of volcanic ash ST Helens dropped
into the Columbia drainages 20 years ago

Maybe M would add a pic of her deer JERKY to the deer hunting side of your story, Ken from Rio Bravo promised her a dead deer this year

I've been away from any game hunting for many years but I can still apreciate a good wall display, I really like the authentic LOWENBRAU frame.

SmileyCentral.comfor the pics

SH looks like your gonna roll that stuff up and smoke it.

L, THATS THE WHOLE HEART OF THE PROBLEM. . . .

IT'S ALREADY BEEN SMOKED !