Return to Website

AustinDiggers.com - Arrowhead Message Boards

THE MESSAGE BOARD POINT CHATTER IS NOW CLOSED TO ALL NEW POSTS.

WE HAVE MOVED TO THE NEW MESSAGE BOARD AND ALL NEW PICTURES AND POSTS WILL BE THERE FROM 4-16-2014 FORWARD.

THIS BOARD WILL CONTINUE TO BE HERE ONLY FOR INFORMATION AND TO READ / SEE ALL OLD POSTS.

GO TO AUSTINDIGGER.COM  - LOCATE THE LINK FOR POINT CHATTER II
AND LOG IN AND CHAT WITH US AND SHARE YOUR FINDS.
ALL NEW WEBSITE - ALL NEW MESSAGE BOARDS.

WE NOW HAVE PICTURE HOSTING !! LOG IN AND NOW YOU CAN EVEN POST YOUR PICTURES FROM YOUR PHONES - WELCOME TO 2014 HUH 8)

SEE YOU THERE - MICHELLE

Point Chatter - AustinDiggers.com - Arrowhead Message Board
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
What is this?

I found this today in the Brazos river. What's weird is that it looks like an old point with serrated edges but it is not worked on one side. Can anyone tell what it is?
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

Re: What is this?

Could be anything But my uneducated guess would be it is a scraper made from a flake of flint quick tool to make in a hurry

Good job DJ, at least its an intro to the Brazos possibilities. Takes a while to establish favorite
locations and gravel beds at various water levels.

Leonard's call is most likely correct, I was originally thinking it was a well tumbled Clovis

Does a scraper need a ear? I know most scraper's that I have found are unifaced, but this one looks like it has an ear.

Hey DJ,

I metal detect all up and down the Brazos, from Graham to Tenoxtitlan, Nashville, Port Sullivan, etc....You must live near the Brazos.

Sorry I can't help you with the "flint".

Later !
Horace

I live in Fort Worth. The Brazos is about and 1 to 1 1/2 hours depending on which part I go to. I used to hunt in Graham and fish below the **** at Possum Kingdom lake. Find anything worth mentioning or posting while medal detecting?