Return to Website

AustinDiggers.com - Arrowhead Message Boards

THE MESSAGE BOARD POINT CHATTER IS NOW CLOSED TO ALL NEW POSTS.

WE HAVE MOVED TO THE NEW MESSAGE BOARD AND ALL NEW PICTURES AND POSTS WILL BE THERE FROM 4-16-2014 FORWARD.

THIS BOARD WILL CONTINUE TO BE HERE ONLY FOR INFORMATION AND TO READ / SEE ALL OLD POSTS.

GO TO AUSTINDIGGER.COM  - LOCATE THE LINK FOR POINT CHATTER II
AND LOG IN AND CHAT WITH US AND SHARE YOUR FINDS.
ALL NEW WEBSITE - ALL NEW MESSAGE BOARDS.

WE NOW HAVE PICTURE HOSTING !! LOG IN AND NOW YOU CAN EVEN POST YOUR PICTURES FROM YOUR PHONES - WELCOME TO 2014 HUH 8)

SEE YOU THERE - MICHELLE

Point Chatter - AustinDiggers.com - Arrowhead Message Board
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
finds from last weekend

Photobucket
The tip is not broken, it was worked that way. And it looks like it was hafted on the side, maybe?
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket
Broken base, but those are some crazy barbs.
Photobucket

Re: finds from last weekend

These look like river/creek finds. I hunt a few river/creeks in Southeast, Texas and have found points of the exact same material. Whereabouts are you hunting? Good finds!

I sift Stewart's Creek in Conroe,TX. I live in Bryan, so i'm trying to find something a little closer. What creeks do you hunt in Texas?

Hey Chris, I live south of Houston and have a nice sifter wouldnt mind going looking with u some time my email is jpthedigger@gmail.com

HI CHRIS,
I'D LIKE TO JOIN THE PARTY. I ALSO LIVE IN HOUSTON AND WOULD LOVE TO HAVE SOMETHING NEARBY TO DIG.

HOW AM I DIFFERENT?

I WOULD CONTRIBUTE CASH TO COVER THE COSTS.

FRED

HI FRED

Is this Fred Meek by any chance If so Ive dug with you before on a taaa dig at Bastrop.,if not my mistake.

I sift Stewart's Creek from the San Jacinto River on up for about 1-2 miles. I've talked to some people that I've met in the creek who've found stuff further north than I sift, but I find so much where I'm at that I don't want to leave my spot. I've met quite a few people in this creek. There's a power line right of way that runs over Crighton Road just east of I45. I park on the north side of the road and just jump in the creek. You can go east or west from there and find stuff. Due to my work schedule I can only go every other weekend, and sometimes not for a month or so. Since I'm going to TJ's this month, the wife probably wont let me spend the gas money to go to Conroe. I won't be back in Conroe till mid February. But now you know my spot, hopefully someone has as much luck as I have had. If anyone knows someone with property near Stewart's Creek or the San Jac, you may want to ask about a little look see.

And does anyone know the laws on walking a major creek or river? Not sure if property lines go down into the creek or not.

Hi Chris was browsing and saw your page, really like your points. They sure look different form what we find here. Mostly we walk the creeks and find some nice stuff. Maybe I will post some of our finds and you can take a look if you want. I don't know how it is in Texas but here you would have to torture a man to find his looking places. Was great to see so many people intrested in head hunting, thought I was the only crazy out there!

Chris, from what I know of the laws pertaining to ownership is if the body of water is non-navigable, the property line is to the middle of that body of water. Don't quote me on this but it was a Texas game warden who shared that tidbit with me. As to what defines non-navigable water(whether you can get a boat up it), that's up to the discretion of the law, I suppose. A bunch of my buddies up here have jet drives on their outboards and can get a boat where there is only 2-3 inches of water. That kind of blows up the definition of non-navigable. Good luck.

I would think some places on the Navisota would be good if you could gain permission, that is.

Thanks for the input, brad. It especially helps that you heard that from a game warden, cause most cops wouldn't know the first thing about creeks and property lines.

Wes, I know what you mean by people hiding their hunting places. Most people I talk to wont tell me where they find the good stuff. unless its a paydig and then who cares, it's not their land. I love nothing more than having friends and family hunt with me. Why be bored hunting by yourself? And I also enjoy it when someone else finds a piece of history and finds it as amazing as i do. I try to get my co workers invloved, but no one is up for it. Post your points if you can. I know a lot of people on this website that like to see other people's finds, especially from another state. Later

Hey I see you do a lot of searching in Conroe. I now live in Houston and have been looking for a place to search around here. If you are interested I have several sites that I still visit in the Austin area. Let me know what you think and maybe we can do some swapping.

Great finds Chris! I used to do a lot of hunting up and down the San Jac. Still do from time to time but the game wardens and law enforcement have cut my creek stomping way back out that way. I can't believe you haven't had a run in with a GW along Stewart's Creek? If not then it's just a matter of time for you unfortunately. They are not tolerating anyone down there sifting. Apparently their has been a lot of tresspassing going on along the banks of SC and if any landowner along the banks see's anyone down in the creek (looking suspicous which includes artifact hunting), the GW warden will be there in no time. I've heard this from a good handful of people. I spend my time in a few different river/creek systems in Southeast, Texas these days. Artifacts aren't worth me getting a very stiff fine of going to jail over, that's for sure.

We're getting to recognise that beautiful East TX flint. . . There's another good example on the front
page, found by Johnny D. Seems to be similar to the
last pic above [ the red one ]