Return to Website

AustinDiggers.com - Arrowhead Message Boards

THE MESSAGE BOARD POINT CHATTER IS NOW CLOSED TO ALL NEW POSTS.

WE HAVE MOVED TO THE NEW MESSAGE BOARD AND ALL NEW PICTURES AND POSTS WILL BE THERE FROM 4-16-2014 FORWARD.

THIS BOARD WILL CONTINUE TO BE HERE ONLY FOR INFORMATION AND TO READ / SEE ALL OLD POSTS.

GO TO AUSTINDIGGER.COM  - LOCATE THE LINK FOR POINT CHATTER II
AND LOG IN AND CHAT WITH US AND SHARE YOUR FINDS.
ALL NEW WEBSITE - ALL NEW MESSAGE BOARDS.

WE NOW HAVE PICTURE HOSTING !! LOG IN AND NOW YOU CAN EVEN POST YOUR PICTURES FROM YOUR PHONES - WELCOME TO 2014 HUH 8)

SEE YOU THERE - MICHELLE

Point Chatter - AustinDiggers.com - Arrowhead Message Board
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Nacho's 1-2-09

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

heart breaker andice, frio, angostora, paper thin covington, plainview? Nacho thought the last one might be a plainview. has a flute on one site.

href="http://s246.photobucket.com/albums/gg87/travismcgaughey/?action=view¤t=100_1124.jpg" target="_blank">Photobucket

very thin
Photobucket

Photobucket
Photobucket

plainview???
Photobucket

heart breaks
Photobucket
Photobucket

Re: Nacho's 1-2-09

Great pics!

. . . SmileyCentral.com. . . .SmileyCentral.com. . . . . . . . SmileyCentral.com
. . . . . . . . SmileyCentral.com. . . . . . . . . . . . SmileyCentral.com

. . . .

. . . .

SmileyCentral.com

Just a little better than you did digging at FRL, huh?

How many people were sifting with you?

nice pics & finds

Nice to see some pics of site, thanks for sharing. That andice/calf creek would be going to Dr. Gomer if it were mine. Hey SH, easy on your cartoon poppers.

Brad, that FRL episode is exactly what I had in mind with the cartoon reply

RG, As I first scrolled down the new Travis posting then saw the hand held closeups, I was looking forward to getting closer to the Andice. . .

Suprise. . . It's not there

So, I assume it was boxed up and already to post to the good Doctor

SmileyCentral.comabout the excessive toons. . .

I just got carried away with the good finds [ and site pics ]

The Angostura and Frio look to be in pretty good shape! Too bad about the Andice, all 3 of mine were broken as well. Looks like they are moving right along with the dig. Do they still think the heart of the camp is towards the cabin? Sure would like to start seeing a whole lot of complete points start poping out! Great pictures Trav, it was great weather for the dig, but I bet it got pretty dusty.

thanks guys, been thinking about sending the andice in for repair although it's not really my style. still thinking about it. I will take another close up of it. there was about 12 people digging total. 3 on my table including me. very thick fog early morning. got dust afterwards. great weather though. couldn't ask for more weather-wise.

mike, not sure about the heart of the camp. we dug away from the cabin all day opposite direction of the river. hope it stays good for a long time

Don't want to tell a man what to do, but if it was me I'd write a date and were I found that andice, never know next time you dig that location you may uncver the rest of it. I know I've got a couple that I found the spare parts to!

Photobucket

Well Travis, theres one way to look at it on repairing the Andice. It's a large enough specimen, and quality enough to still be worth more than what the trip cost you after Gomer gets done with it, even papered as repaired. It would be an investment, but I doubt any regrets( mixed emotions presently I'm sure ). Wow, with 12 people at the tables, the loaders musta been hummin steady all day! Any idea on what the best find of the day was? During lunch break when I went, I noticed a little hearth rock in the bank cut from an old ramp to the river (since washed away).

Hey Mike, thanks for the input. A guy next to me pulled out and excellent base tang. And there was a worked down complete andice found. A real nice Montell.. We were screening so fast that there wasn't put show and tell out there. But I really liked the base tang that came out.

Nice finds Travis, it's too bad about the Andice though. I plan on going there myself soon.

Travis
Looks like you had a great time. Makes my place look like a fragment farm.

Great Report Travis, yeah, thats the way it should be for the $........screenin as fast as you can go! I used a rectangular concrete trowel and found that it helped tremendously to go through the dirt and bust up only the larger clods. Didn't miss a thing, and man did I move the dirt! How about that Ike on the loader, he really kept the loads coming (only about 30 seconds in between loads rest time). When it goes good and steady like that, you know that they are doing their part to help your odds with finds. Almost felt spoiled!LOL

Yeah Mike I felt that they were on my side for sure. And the little bobcat machines, they are quick and zippy.

Leonard, thanks man. Alot of fragments out there too. We went between 30 and 40 screens that day. The screens are huge too. Sad to leave the birds (arrowheads) behind.

Hey Travis,
Great Pics & story here, was a pleasure meeting you at the dig & thanks again for the dust masks. I had a box of them for the trip & simply forgot to take them. Keep in touch... John F.

YO Trav. . . . . I'm still enjoying your slightly broken Andice.

Mister Overstreet also seems partial to them. . . did YOU check the money book ? ? ?

There is an example of one close in size and quality of yours, broken wing too. . . . . . .

SEVEN HUNDRED BUCKS [ no antlers ]

I'm thinkin the same proportional damage to a big winged Marshal would have a value of about THREE BUCKS.

hey Travis please do me a favor if you talk to nacho !!

tell him i still want to come but my car has been acting up and i have spent alot fixin it

soon as i can i will be there its hard to get ahold of him !! but i thought you might see him i would appreciate it thanks

LEE

Lee, Stop draggin your feet, their workin a hot part of the camp, , , , ,

TAKE A TAXI