Return to Website

AustinDiggers.com - Arrowhead Message Boards

THE MESSAGE BOARD POINT CHATTER IS NOW CLOSED TO ALL NEW POSTS.

WE HAVE MOVED TO THE NEW MESSAGE BOARD AND ALL NEW PICTURES AND POSTS WILL BE THERE FROM 4-16-2014 FORWARD.

THIS BOARD WILL CONTINUE TO BE HERE ONLY FOR INFORMATION AND TO READ / SEE ALL OLD POSTS.

GO TO AUSTINDIGGER.COM  - LOCATE THE LINK FOR POINT CHATTER II
AND LOG IN AND CHAT WITH US AND SHARE YOUR FINDS.
ALL NEW WEBSITE - ALL NEW MESSAGE BOARDS.

WE NOW HAVE PICTURE HOSTING !! LOG IN AND NOW YOU CAN EVEN POST YOUR PICTURES FROM YOUR PHONES - WELCOME TO 2014 HUH 8)

SEE YOU THERE - MICHELLE

Point Chatter - AustinDiggers.com - Arrowhead Message Board
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Newbie...first photo posting!

http://i422.photobucket.com:80/albums/pp305/BlueVisions_photos/PICT0028.jpg"
hey, everyone look at this and give me your best opinions...my husband found this when he was a young boy, and it has been put up for longer than I can remember, we started home repairs last year and brought things out of the attic and came across it again, due to medical reasons, we will want to sale this but not yet, we have never had it certified so will keep it until we do, but would love to have any info on it, anyone can offer.
Thanks!

Re: Newbie...first photo posting!

What a beautiful point, and what a neat picture composition, Our reigning pic backround champion, Geo, might
have some competition.

One of our more knowledable people might give a name to the type but need to know pretty close to Where
that little boy found it !

Is that the same point you showed on the Tx Cashe site recently & doesn't it have a chip on 1 side near the bottom?

yes silver, its the same one, and the chip on the corner is some kind of mineral growth(?)...if you go back and look at the black and white photos i posted from the flickr site, you should be able to see it...hubby has had this since he was a child so he is not certain of the location....other photos can be seen at the flickr site,,,will post link in just a minute.
My husband and his friends when they were little boys used to collect arrowheads points for an old man here in Gaines county,(John Freyburger, who donated his collection to the Smithsonian Institute years ago, you can see a lot of what has come out of Gaines county there)the old man used to buy them off the boys for a dollar or so on Sundays, little did they know of the value then.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/sandyjay

ok this is the link to the flickr site...look here for the albums ...arrowheads or clear arrowhead b/w...

thanks, Pat..lol..it was just a buffer in case something dropped lol...as you can see hubby had to hold it, lol
I want to do one with a candle behind the point, just think the flickering light would be awesome...but alas....lol he is too scared to get it out and let me play with it...guess thats ok for now, though. LOL!

The flut looks off to me but i would have to see the paper work on it from 2 experts befor i would ever put a value on it . It looks fake if ya ask me

thanks, rick...will keep that in mind, will have it papered soon hopefully...will have them to look at the fluting. it may be another month before i get to it but will post results as soon as i get them