Return to Website

AustinDiggers.com - Arrowhead Message Boards

THE MESSAGE BOARD POINT CHATTER IS NOW CLOSED TO ALL NEW POSTS.

WE HAVE MOVED TO THE NEW MESSAGE BOARD AND ALL NEW PICTURES AND POSTS WILL BE THERE FROM 4-16-2014 FORWARD.

THIS BOARD WILL CONTINUE TO BE HERE ONLY FOR INFORMATION AND TO READ / SEE ALL OLD POSTS.

GO TO AUSTINDIGGER.COM  - LOCATE THE LINK FOR POINT CHATTER II
AND LOG IN AND CHAT WITH US AND SHARE YOUR FINDS.
ALL NEW WEBSITE - ALL NEW MESSAGE BOARDS.

WE NOW HAVE PICTURE HOSTING !! LOG IN AND NOW YOU CAN EVEN POST YOUR PICTURES FROM YOUR PHONES - WELCOME TO 2014 HUH 8)

SEE YOU THERE - MICHELLE

Point Chatter - AustinDiggers.com - Arrowhead Message Board
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Same campsite collection

Check out the range of types and materials on these points from Fayette co.

Re: Same campsite collection

arrowhead.jpg

Nice! That's a county I always wanted to do a dig in............maybe someday.

WOW !!! DO I NEED 2 SAY MORE

Some really great examples of a sweet honey hole packed with a variety of many ages of points. Seem's that Fayette Co. has some nice materials from the surrounding counties. Who wants to see if we could find some land to lease there for ourselves for some digging?
Silver

Some are surface finds(a few) but most are scratched from the ground.

Cummins Creek in Fayette County is the source of the Cummins Creek Chert that most of the points on this site in Austin County are made from. Site 41Au88 is here on the farm and just a few miles east of the Fayette County line and eight miles or so from Cummins Creek. This site dates from Paleo to early historical and about 35 different point types (depending on who is counting) have been documented. Thank you for the photos and report, very interesting.

Wow, nice stuff. Do you live in the county?

Beautiful collection, and from an area we dont hear too much about. Good show.
Good info Red.

I'm always watching the varieties of Perds that are collectively lumped into the catagory of Pedernales points.
Compare that biggest [ fattest ] one in the middle, bottom of your frame. . . . . . with the one I just found last week
in travis county, now being shown on the front page of this site. A bit of family resemblance !

Add on detail. . .
Re that fat Perd family, they seem to have had relatives out in SW TX. . . .
There is an example of one, tip gone, in the posting by John, in NACHO DIG 1-2,1-3-09. Third pic up from the
bottom, top middle of frame ~ !

Really nice stuff, reminds me of when I used to dig Fayette county in the 80's.