Return to Website

AustinDiggers.com - Arrowhead Message Boards

THE MESSAGE BOARD POINT CHATTER IS NOW CLOSED TO ALL NEW POSTS.

WE HAVE MOVED TO THE NEW MESSAGE BOARD AND ALL NEW PICTURES AND POSTS WILL BE THERE FROM 4-16-2014 FORWARD.

THIS BOARD WILL CONTINUE TO BE HERE ONLY FOR INFORMATION AND TO READ / SEE ALL OLD POSTS.

GO TO AUSTINDIGGER.COM  - LOCATE THE LINK FOR POINT CHATTER II
AND LOG IN AND CHAT WITH US AND SHARE YOUR FINDS.
ALL NEW WEBSITE - ALL NEW MESSAGE BOARDS.

WE NOW HAVE PICTURE HOSTING !! LOG IN AND NOW YOU CAN EVEN POST YOUR PICTURES FROM YOUR PHONES - WELCOME TO 2014 HUH 8)

SEE YOU THERE - MICHELLE

Point Chatter - AustinDiggers.com - Arrowhead Message Board
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Point type? Any guesses?

PhotobucketPhotobucket

Re: Point type? Any guesses?

Should we assume it's from TX & if so what county please?

It is from Texas. Colorado Co.

Kinda looks like an afton variant or reworked afon

Its medium size, was probably somewhat larger, its broad with a long expanded stem and it still has shoulder barbs. If the stem is ground I would say Early Stemmed and Early Archaic

Stem is not ground. Wish it was. I have no idea what it is because I've never see one like it. Very unusual looking. I'm thinking a "Bird People" knife. Find bird points in the same area. It's in a place that really looks good. It's in an high area where 2 creeks converge. Don't find much but it sure looks good. Maybe someday I'll find the sweet spot.

Could be, just an odd knife

Looks like a repro

Well it ain't. Found wiyh my own 2 grubby hands. All repro's I.ve seen are made to look like the real deal. Does this look like something that someone would have been proud to make? Or show to anyone? This would paper so fast it would make your head spin Buck.

The base look's some what like a Darl, maybe it was much larger & re-sharpened many times.

Agreed Keith, I have one even uglier from the same neighborhood and probably by the same maker. A repo of that knife would be like doing a repo of a Ford Pinto; where would you go with it?

Thank you! I like the Ford Pinto analagy. Needed a good laugh.