Return to Website

AustinDiggers.com - Arrowhead Message Boards

THE MESSAGE BOARD POINT CHATTER IS NOW CLOSED TO ALL NEW POSTS.

WE HAVE MOVED TO THE NEW MESSAGE BOARD AND ALL NEW PICTURES AND POSTS WILL BE THERE FROM 4-16-2014 FORWARD.

THIS BOARD WILL CONTINUE TO BE HERE ONLY FOR INFORMATION AND TO READ / SEE ALL OLD POSTS.

GO TO AUSTINDIGGER.COM  - LOCATE THE LINK FOR POINT CHATTER II
AND LOG IN AND CHAT WITH US AND SHARE YOUR FINDS.
ALL NEW WEBSITE - ALL NEW MESSAGE BOARDS.

WE NOW HAVE PICTURE HOSTING !! LOG IN AND NOW YOU CAN EVEN POST YOUR PICTURES FROM YOUR PHONES - WELCOME TO 2014 HUH 8)

SEE YOU THERE - MICHELLE

Point Chatter - AustinDiggers.com - Arrowhead Message Board
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
CHRISNERS FIND 1-11-08

Just wanted to give everyone a report on chrisners. I spent 6 hours digging on sunday. First spot i went to was the digfest trench, wanted to check it out because i didnt get to go to digfest. The digging was very hard the muck was about the consistancy of clay. Im sure there are points comming out of there the the material looks great. I spent some time on the perd camp and found a couple of broke ones not worth posting. I did however find this nice big axe in my spot so i didnt leave empty handed

Photobucketa href="http://s445.photobucket.com/albums/qq171/connell6753/?action=view¤t=IMGP0545.jpg" target="_blank">PhotobucketPhotobucket

Re: CHRISNERS FIND 1-11-08

HEY THE TRENCH I KNOW WHAT YOU MEAN HARD DIGGIN BUT THE TREASURES AWAIT !! I BROKE ONE OF THEM A NICE 5 PLUS INCH ENSOR KNIFE

I HAD ALREADY FOUND A SWEET 4 11/16 INCH ENSOR DURING DIGFEST NOT IN THE TRENCH THOUGH BUT DOWN IN THE HOLLOW

THERES STILL PLENTY TO BE FOUND ITS LIKE ANY TREASURE HUNT YOU HAVE TO BE IN THE RIGHT PLACE AT THE RIGHT TIME

I HAVE SEEN SOME KILLER CORNER TANGS COME OUT OF THAT TRENCH

GOOD LUCK HOPE YOU FIND A GOOD UN

Josh, Welcome to the trench warfare army ! That gumbo slugging is not for a "relaxing" days diggin.

Good you found something picturable, Tks for the report.

Nice big axe.
me and my family,(wife and daughter), are going to christner's this saturday, i guess we will see how it goes and I will post an update after I get back.

So far I have only surface hunted so this will be my first dig, maybe we will get lucky.

HEY I WILL BE THERE WITH MY SIS AND HER FOUR KIDS SATURDAY HOPE WE ALL HAVE SOME LUCK !! SEE YA'S THERE

I guess we'll see ya there and let's hope we all get lucky.
Either way a bad day arrowhead huntin' is still a good day in my book. Beats the heck out of workin'.

Local Chrisners WX report looks good today !

Good luck Y'all

CHRISNERS REPORT !!!!

BEAUTIFUL DAY LOTS OF DIGGERS !!

I WENT TO THE TRENCH IT HAS CHANGED SO MUCH LOOKS LIKE THERE DIGGIN TO CHINA !!! STILL GOOD POINTS COMING OUT OF THERE IF YOU ARE WILLING TO PUT IN THE WORK!!

I WENT TO THE HOLLOW WITH MY SIS AND THE KIDS AND MENT SOME NICE FOLKS THAT WERE FINDING NICE POINTS
A TINY BIRD POINT , NICE ENSOR , COUPLE OF SMALL BLADES, AND WHAT LOOKED LIKE A HELL GAP THAT WASNT QUITE FINISHED !!

AS FAR AS ME AND MY SIS AND THE KIDS I FOUND A BROKE LARGE PERD , AND A LERMA THAT WAS COMPLETE AND MY SISTERS SON FOUND A NICE UVALDE

I DONT KNOW WHAT THE OTHER DIGGERS FOUND BUT IM SURE THEY HAD SOME LUCK!!

GO TO CHRISNERS AND HAVE SOME FUN :)

Nice going,Lee, good report. Just as well with no pics, we can visualise a 7 inch blade, 41/2 inch Uvalde and a 5 inch bird point !

her is another report from christners
like Lee said, beautiful day to go play in the dirt, met some nice folks, nice to meet you lee, steve, and charles, got to dig with a couple of them.
Wife found her first point, its the black triangular one. Not real sure what type it is but it has real nice flaking and it is paper thin. Here are some pictures of our finds

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

we found several more brokes and a hand axe ,all in all a good day out with the family playing in the dirt

Nice finds, and you're right can't beat a day in the dirt even if you dont find a thing. Thanks for the report.

Eric, good deal. For a one day shot at place [ VS a few days of test holing ] that is excellent.
Blacky is a Triangle, someone more knowledgable might offer what type.

BUT, I DO know my DARL, FRACTURED BASES....!
See that wounded skinny point with the broken base ! Thats exactly how they were made, including a NOT very needle point. See the money book, page 564 or on your favorite website flint check !
Thats a complete seldom found [ not rare ]point.

Josh, sounds [ silence ] like you might not have done so well. . . .Next time. . . " the next great find is just 2 inches further in ! "

OOooPs. . . Sorry Josh, I just reread the who's going list, you probably were not there yesterday. . .

. . . BUT. . . it's still true enough, whenever you get out there again. . .The next point might be just 2 inches in !

thanks for the info and i went home from christners yesterday and looked up the fracture base and figured thats what it was. I am glad you think it is to . That is my first one of that type.

I am on my way back to east Texas.Sat I found a few brokens one not much to show.I had to give it one more try.Today I found a real nice split tail enser.I will post it when I get home.

hey steven did i meet you satuday ?

Lee

looking foreward to your pick when you get home Steve.
Nice to meet you yesterday and did you dig the same place as Saturday?

Lee I was the one with tree kids.Was nice to meet you.
Eric I did dig in that pile of rocks.I found about 5 broken points nothing worth posting.Tell your wife she missed this one about a foot away.I had a great time hard diggin but it still has a few points in them old piles.

Photobucket

hello eric and steven it was nice meeting you and youre familys

im glad we all had a good day great weather and nice points

hope to see ya'll at chrisners again i love the place
and will be coming back over and over

HEY WHERE DID U FIND THAT SPLIT TAIL ENSOR? WHICH AREA ?

If there are more FAMFEST DIGS down the line, I nominate the split base Ensor pic as the Logo. What a lovely dig hand !

Steve, I will tell my wife that she missed that one. It's a nice one. Congrats

I SAY YOUR RIGHT ON HAL I WILL VOTE FOR THAT ONE ALSO WOULD GO GREAT ON A T SHIRT WAL MART WILL TAKE YOURE PICS AND PUT THEM ON T SHIRTS FOR YA

THAT WOULD BE COOL !!!! FINGERNAILS AND FLINT

Just brought this posting back to illustrate Lee's "skyshot" for poss ----Fest dig logo

NOTE [ NOT Lee's hand shown !! ]

I like it