Return to Website

AustinDiggers.com - Arrowhead Message Boards

THE MESSAGE BOARD POINT CHATTER IS NOW CLOSED TO ALL NEW POSTS.

WE HAVE MOVED TO THE NEW MESSAGE BOARD AND ALL NEW PICTURES AND POSTS WILL BE THERE FROM 4-16-2014 FORWARD.

THIS BOARD WILL CONTINUE TO BE HERE ONLY FOR INFORMATION AND TO READ / SEE ALL OLD POSTS.

GO TO AUSTINDIGGER.COM  - LOCATE THE LINK FOR POINT CHATTER II
AND LOG IN AND CHAT WITH US AND SHARE YOUR FINDS.
ALL NEW WEBSITE - ALL NEW MESSAGE BOARDS.

WE NOW HAVE PICTURE HOSTING !! LOG IN AND NOW YOU CAN EVEN POST YOUR PICTURES FROM YOUR PHONES - WELCOME TO 2014 HUH 8)

SEE YOU THERE - MICHELLE

Point Chatter - AustinDiggers.com - Arrowhead Message Board
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
clear arrowhead-different photos

ok everyone, hope this works this time,,,thisis the same clear arrowhead just thought it might be a better photo...appreciate ANY AND ALL comments on it ok...

Re: clear arrowhead-different photos

DRATS!! Michele, this is a direct link to the photos...lol..what did i do wrong this time?

Copy the html code on this site.

ok thanks

Photobucket
ok...great, now you guys can see it in black and white,,,and as before any comments are welcomed...we just got a report back on one of our others that says it cant be typed..so I am still looking for nay input..and thanks.regardless of what your opinion is I do appreciate it

Photobucket
other side of point

Photobucket
ok this shows how clear this one is...does anyone know how you can insure this before it is certified?
Post office said last time, it has to be certified first before they will do it.
also...what do you think it is made of??

That point seems to turn up every now and then on various sites. The piece is made from a clear quartzite, not a real common point material. I would suggest that you take it to a show and let Winston Ellison or Dwaine Rogers take a look at it. They can maybe tell you the name of the knapper who made it..

How did you guys get the point? Did you find it?

my husband has had it since he was a kid...

I'm calling bull **** on this point now. The Post office doesn't care if you put a paper clip in a box and insure it for 5 thousand bucks . You are buying insurance at a rate and not on the item ask Dwain . I would be shocked if this point shows up at fredericksburg and sandy lets Dwain look at it.

I have sent points through the mail before and insured them its not that costly ....

if you send it to baker if it doesnt paper he will send it back to you

but if you live close dwain rodgers is # 1 around these parts

to clear one thing up, I recently sent Dwain a piece to be certified, the black one with the gold sheen, I have not posted the results here or a photo, but i have posted photos elsewhere...the point being, we were told to insure it, and we were told at the Post Office, that unless we could show proof of its value at the time, they would not insure it. We sent it anyway, and it was returned to us.
As far as the show in Fredericksburg, no I probalby will not be there at all, nor will the clear blade.
If anything we will take it to Dwain in Temple oursleves...
Secondly, and foremost...I have stated on both sites that we dont not know what this is...hence the visitation to the sites for information...duh! We were told the people at these sites were knowledgeable about arrowheads...
I have repeated information I have been told about this one and the others, by "knowledgeable" people. whereas I am still looking for information...with what I have learned and seen, I am still not certain of anything with it.
Thirdly, also as I have stated, I have no idea of what the value or the type this is and therefore I am under no circumstances asking or offering it for sale, at this site or the other.
As I am just seeking information, I asked for opinions,I do thank you...you are entitled to your opinion...and I will include it in my notes.

You asked for opinion and I'm just giving my opinion. I also know that no arrow head expert can tell if its fake or real with a pic on the net not even Dwain rogers . So we all know opinions are a lot like a part of every ones personal anatomy and every one has one. My outher opinion is that we will never see this point at fredricksburg and will probably never know if Dwain sees it or the results that's my opinion

Rick, I do appreciate your opinion, and we will get it to Dwain, it may be next month but we will....and when I know how it is classified, one way or the other, I will post it...as far as the Fredericksberg show this year, we just are not able to make it this year.
I have an arecheologist also that is waiting to see it, will post his opinion also.
We had several stolen from us last year,(not by a professional, we think we know who it was but can not prove it) and my husband is just wanting to be careful with what he has left. We had some carpenters doing work last year and this is when they came up missing.

Hey sandy your the people who had workers in your house and your points were stolen !!

i heard about it im sorry this happened to you nice folks !

the comanche county sherrifs dept is helping you with this im sure they will catch the person who took advantage of ya'll and prosecute them and put them where they belong !!

wishing you the best !! hope you are able to recover some if not all your points !!

hi, lee
sorry hun, but we are not the same ones. but its odd that we think ours might have been taken by "carpenters"...as I said we cant prove it...have changed all the locks on the doors, etc...wished I knew more about the carpenters that were down south though...some things may not be coincidence, you know...anyhow, I hope they do catch them because I cant stand a thief.

It's a fake look at it, I'll give koodos nice point

Why don't you wait until you see what happens wiht it until you become a total buttwipe. this lady has made no attempt to sell this point or any others on either site that I've seen her post. I'm just saying try not to be so quick to judge. Do you know that it's fake? Have you seen it personally? I didn't think so. Same as Wayne's clovis from west Texas with all the crappy remarks, folks. Guess what. His point was proven real and until Sandy's is proven fake, then why be this way? Let's just wait and see what happens with the point. If it's the real deal, which I have no reason to believe it's not, then that's one of the coolest points I've seen on the web.

She's acting in no way like Big Blade Dude did and I think y'all are being rude as hell to a nice lady. Have a nice day!

First to Brad, thank you, now to Jonny,,this point could very well be a fake(as we have never had it authenicated,we have stated this,we are amatuers (i hate to repeat myself) the again it could be very real, in either case as I have stated...I am just looking for information on it, PLEASE...read my other statements about it or anything I have posted.I would like you to also know, one of the reasons that we post this/these photos so much is just to show it off, my husband is the collector and to him, this is such an awesome piece(not knowing if this real or not)that he has to show it off, gloat about it if you understand, perhaps a one of a kind type that is his)he is so scared of this being real..he has it buried in a sealed container. So, if its a fake, hun...its by far more devatating to him, than if its real. To him, its a means for me to have my vision corrected or have a income in case he dies soon, and that is the rest of the story...he loves to look at the microsopic growth on it instead of looking at the artifact concept, but he is so scared it might get broken.
I want to say this, I respect all of you, for your knowledge of your hobby,your passion,I enjoy the history of the artifacts, and the collections, I appreciate, the efforts of what you have to do to enjoy it(the digging, etc).( I like hiking the Guadalupe mountains, and taking pictures, have for almost 25 yrs. lol) so I don't say this light heartedly.
So perhaps soon, for you sake/gradificaton we can gete it certified.

WELL I HAVE A SMALL BIRD POINT THAT IS SO PERFECT AND HAS AWESOME FLAKING YOU WOULD THINK ITS FAKE BUT I FOUND IT AT CHRISNERS RANCH RIGHT NEAR WHERE I FOUND THE 5 INCH ENSOR DURING DIGFEST

PEOPLE THOUGHT MY ENSOR WAS FAKE AND RUMORS ARE STILL CIRCULATING ABOUT IT BUT DWAIN ROGERS SAW A PIC AND WANTED TO SEE IT AND HE AUTHENTICATED IT AND NOW OWN'S IT

THERE ARE SOME GREAT POINTS THAT ARE TRULY AUTHENTIC THAT THE NATIVE AMERICANS TOOK GREAT PRIDE IN SO IM SURE ITS A GOOD POINT THAT YOU HAVE ITS HARD TO TELL BUT THE FLAKING LOOKS RIGHT ON

although i do not own a point of that size complete that has that kind of flaking, i have found a few brokes that rival it. Definally get the point looked at by Dwain and put all concerns to rest.If it papers it will bring quite the $$$

Well old Rock Doc is back LOL

hey you guys.. could this blade be a Friday Blade?///and if not, can you tell me why ? the edges are rough and sharp, and the base is rough, kind of sharp.

Hey jhal i got 20 bucks that says you will never see this point papered.

Cheer up Sandy Rick said nobody can tell from a pic if a point is real or fake but seems to think he can so whats the deal? Hope you get it papered and take his money