Return to Website

AustinDiggers.com - Arrowhead Message Boards

THE MESSAGE BOARD POINT CHATTER IS NOW CLOSED TO ALL NEW POSTS.

WE HAVE MOVED TO THE NEW MESSAGE BOARD AND ALL NEW PICTURES AND POSTS WILL BE THERE FROM 4-16-2014 FORWARD.

THIS BOARD WILL CONTINUE TO BE HERE ONLY FOR INFORMATION AND TO READ / SEE ALL OLD POSTS.

GO TO AUSTINDIGGER.COM  - LOCATE THE LINK FOR POINT CHATTER II
AND LOG IN AND CHAT WITH US AND SHARE YOUR FINDS.
ALL NEW WEBSITE - ALL NEW MESSAGE BOARDS.

WE NOW HAVE PICTURE HOSTING !! LOG IN AND NOW YOU CAN EVEN POST YOUR PICTURES FROM YOUR PHONES - WELCOME TO 2014 HUH 8)

SEE YOU THERE - MICHELLE

Point Chatter - AustinDiggers.com - Arrowhead Message Board
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
rock collection piece

ok,as i have said before we are amateurs at arrowhead collecting, hubby wnated me to show everyone this, this is one of his rocks he has found, we have been told to have it radiated to enhance the blue, but it too is buried for hte time being...hubby loves to find rocks that have a silicon base...

Photobucket

Re: rock collection piece

is this the same rock the clear arrow head is made of?

no the two pieces are entirely different

a couple of rude poster's here

Rick, you need to lay off this lady, if you don't have anything nice to say, just don't say anything at all.

keep sending the pics always intererested in the clear rocks and especily the clear arrow each are very good finds

Hey, Rick, I have a 3 yr old son that I could help post some of his finds if you'd like to pick on him, too. Thank you for trying to protect all of us from that dastardly Sandy.

Really come on rick ,chill out!

I assume you are digging near Llano, as that appears to be clear Topaz from the Uplift area.

we were told that was what it is....was told to have it radiated to enhance the blue, but also was told to leave it alone as the market has been flooded with the treated topaz...appreciate you having a keen eye, hubby has several specimen samples he loves to "play" with, when they are not buried or in the water(he says water revitalizes the color of the rocks and his pertified wood) I will try and post a few pictures of one or two later, just for entertainment of those who appreciate good pieces.

I dug a camp years ago on on the Guadalupe River, where a giant mound sat some three hundred yards from the water's edge. There were a few decent points recovered, but not what we hoped for at the outset. My digging partner on that site and I were trading picks for the best piece at the end of each day, and I wound up using my pick one day for a piece very similar and just as clear as this, but it appears to be percussion flaked as well on two sides. You can see through it, but I have never taken the time to find out if its quartz, or some other gem like material. It's not glass, but its just as clear. All I know is my wife loved it, and we still have it, but take away the blue shine in the above photo and I have the same piece, different shape, and it came out of a bonafide Indian camp. I guess it was aesthetically pleasing and held some significance to someone- as it does now. Shamanistic maybe.

lol maybe yall are right.

paleoboy. hey, guy do you have any photos of your piece? The "blue" in this picture is from the kitchen light, ok. I held it at arms length and took the picture. hubby has shown this piece to a jeweler, a college aercheologist, and they are the one who have told us what I have stated about this piece,if you have something that looks like this. even a small sample would you please take pic. and let e see?

I can do that. I leave this morning for a S. Texas hunting trip, and I'll be back Monday afternoon, at which point I'll dig that piece out and get a pic. It may take me a try or two to post it, but it's worth comparing to your above pic due to the similarity.
Have a good weekend.

cool, paleoboy...in a day or two I will try to post another shot of a different mineral(rock) my husband found...we just like talking about the different things we have found, not trying to pester anyone or anything, just like talking about things.

Hey Sandy, I haven't forgotten about the pic, just got back in town a day later and trying to find the time to photograph, download, upload, etc.
It'll get done sooner or later, just glad to dig that piece out.
Have a good day.

cool np have had a few things to take care of lately...tc

i have a few of the same rocks.... from what i've heard... these type of rocks are created by lightening.. i've heard people putting lighting rods in beaches.. and when the lighting hits the rod, it melts the sand and forms these types of rocks... these were found at my ranch.....

MINOLTA DIGITAL CAMERA

MINOLTA DIGITAL CAMERA

sorry.. i didnt relize they would post that big.. sorry guys...

http://api.photoshop.com/home_a951634a2ccc4f459a64229b424de0cb/adobe-px-assets/f5bdbdb9a562495ca0a78e217466b763

http://api.photoshop.com/home_a951634a2ccc4f459a64229b424de0cb/adobe-px-assets/63b9d786e2f749139f7e6343cb70a06a

Hey, Chris...thanks for posting them, hubby found some lightening "rocks" wehn he was young and says they turned out tubular in shape and had little bumps on it.....but thanks for posting your photos

I think you may have gypsum on your hand by first glance.. ...paleboys looked like a piece to me...I dont believe yours is a crystal ...I have found a huge piece before while surface walking a constrution site it was buried 6ft down in a huge chunk of clay...

good article on your rock?

here's read for you Sandy.

http://arrowheadology.com/texas-topaz-true-gemstone-points/