Return to Website

AustinDiggers.com - Arrowhead Message Boards

THE MESSAGE BOARD POINT CHATTER IS NOW CLOSED TO ALL NEW POSTS.

WE HAVE MOVED TO THE NEW MESSAGE BOARD AND ALL NEW PICTURES AND POSTS WILL BE THERE FROM 4-16-2014 FORWARD.

THIS BOARD WILL CONTINUE TO BE HERE ONLY FOR INFORMATION AND TO READ / SEE ALL OLD POSTS.

GO TO AUSTINDIGGER.COM  - LOCATE THE LINK FOR POINT CHATTER II
AND LOG IN AND CHAT WITH US AND SHARE YOUR FINDS.
ALL NEW WEBSITE - ALL NEW MESSAGE BOARDS.

WE NOW HAVE PICTURE HOSTING !! LOG IN AND NOW YOU CAN EVEN POST YOUR PICTURES FROM YOUR PHONES - WELCOME TO 2014 HUH 8)

SEE YOU THERE - MICHELLE

Point Chatter - AustinDiggers.com - Arrowhead Message Board
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
BROWN RECLUSE

WELL A BROWN RECLUSE NAILED ME !!

HE COULD HAVE BIT ME ANYWHERE ELSE BUT HE DECIDED TO BITE ME ON MY NEW ARROWHEAD TATTOO OF THE ENSOR I FOUND

MY WHOLE ARM WAS HURTING BUT NOW SINCE THE DOC CUT IT OPEN AND DUG ALL THE DEAD FLESH OUT IT HURTS LIKE HELL!! IT WAS ABOUT 3 TO 4 INCHES DEEP AND TWO VICODIN WONT EVEN CURVE IT

WELL ENOUGH OF MY CRYIN LOL ....

BE SURE TO SHAKE YOUR CLOTHES GOOD IF YOU LAY THEM DOWN OR GO CAMPING AND PUT YOUR CLOTHES BESIDE YOU THEM RASCALS ARE EVERYWHERE !!

Re: BROWN RECLUSE

Where are the pics??

LEONARD GOOD IDEA NEED TO TAKE SOME

Re: BROWN RECLUSEhttp://s315.photobucket.com/albums/ll468/sanantoniodigger/?action=view¤t=recl

hope this works to post pic

nope

Sorry to here about the spider bite lee, hope everything goes well for you.
Wayne

ahh man. did it ruin the tattoo?
the irony....you can spell ENSOR out of BROWN RECLUSE

YYEeek, , , thats a lousy report !

Few more gruesum details pls, where and what conditions? [ In the house, camping, what county ?]

I had assumed they were all out in Pheonix AZ, saw a nature documentary years ago saying they were the WORST. Up to now I felt pretty safe in TX, everybody knows snakes, Tarantulas & scorps are no big deal but that brownie is a whole nother matter.

Your the first I have personally known to be bitten. [ Somebody in TX probably has some numbers of how many are bitten per year, like the Snake statistics. ]

Very sorry to hear of your woes.

PS; also, WHERE was the tattoo that was destroyed located ?

AUGH. . . It's too early in the morn to handle this,

Just GOOGLED . . ."BROWN RECLUSE BITE"

I'll try again this afternoon when I'm not so wobbly on my pins !

Well the tattoo was right below my shoulder ..it has the cut where the doc lanced it will definatly have a scar ..i caught it at the early stages so its not a huge hole like i have seen other people get but it hurts like a m f.....

im sure it will cost about 1500 to 2000 when i get the bill

Wife works for NRCS and one of the employees was bitten at home twice in the face by a recluse, he lives in New Braunfel. One of my vendors was hit by one in a Best Western in Laredo. One more thing to make life interesting.

I know a guy in Bowie that was bitten by one on the finger at a Wal Mart. He grabbed some spray paint and the Brown Recluse was hidden behind the can.

Take care of that spider bite. My brother was bit on his thigh and he now has a hole in his leg that you can put two fingers in. He was out of work for about 2 or 3 months.

thank you guys !!! im cleaning it and doing what i can to insure it will heal as quick as possible

i have already missed work since tuesday and need to get back nobody does my job while im away

Have not heard much more about this you about healed up.

http://www.metacafe.com/watch/763756/brown_recluse_spider_bite_pictures_and_info/

YEPP IM ABOUT HEALED UP NOW THANKS FOR ASKING

. . . .BEWARE. . . BEWARE. . . BEWARE. . .

Warmer weather is bringing out the new spring plants In those parts of the States
not under snow and ice ] and all the little creatures that are hungry after the long winter !

Yesterday Badger unearthed a neat white, unbroken Perd drill [ bottom left of pic ] Just as we were
taking some "insitu" pics, Badger spotted a " movement" in the dig wall.
Turned out to be a pretty big spider ! Not sure about the brown recluse part, maybe more like an
"Orange Recluse ".

Took no chances, applied the spider killer we have been carrying along since Lee's encounter.

Photobucket

nasty!

NOW THATS A BIG SPIDER !!

That almost looks like a west texas barking spider

that almost looks like "Hal tick photography"