Return to Website

AustinDiggers.com - Arrowhead Message Boards

THE MESSAGE BOARD POINT CHATTER IS NOW CLOSED TO ALL NEW POSTS.

WE HAVE MOVED TO THE NEW MESSAGE BOARD AND ALL NEW PICTURES AND POSTS WILL BE THERE FROM 4-16-2014 FORWARD.

THIS BOARD WILL CONTINUE TO BE HERE ONLY FOR INFORMATION AND TO READ / SEE ALL OLD POSTS.

GO TO AUSTINDIGGER.COM  - LOCATE THE LINK FOR POINT CHATTER II
AND LOG IN AND CHAT WITH US AND SHARE YOUR FINDS.
ALL NEW WEBSITE - ALL NEW MESSAGE BOARDS.

WE NOW HAVE PICTURE HOSTING !! LOG IN AND NOW YOU CAN EVEN POST YOUR PICTURES FROM YOUR PHONES - WELCOME TO 2014 HUH 8)

SEE YOU THERE - MICHELLE

Point Chatter - AustinDiggers.com - Arrowhead Message Board
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Out again for a while

As a regular on this site, this is just a notice that I will be away from it during Februay due to a work engagement to provide geologic and environmental services at Fort Hood, Tx. As an artifacts vendor, I will be at the Fredricksberg show(as always), and looking forward to seeing some of you folks there.

Re: Out again for a while

Hope to meet you at the show

Gilbert, hope to meet you as well. I will be the guy with all the points laid out on top of coin size envelopes,etc.
Pat, yes the majority is field work on caves, and yes there are Many,many sites on fort hood. ALL of them are exclusively off limits to all but base TARL archeologists & staff. Unauthorized messing with a site there now is a felony, and they take pride in enforcing it. The base game wardens there patrol the sites on a regular basis....from the air, as they have their own helicopters & pilots.Our work is on the real caves, and invertebrate species that live within them. We also document rock shelters when new ones are found, but even with us, its look....but don't disturb if it appears to have been occupied, as many of them were. We have published 4 book volumes on the areas since 1990, but they are restricted to scientific research, and not available to the general public. Thats how it is on Federal Lands.

Good explanation Mike. And a neat, interesting project.

I have been with my fossil group fossiling outside the base territory and heard the "booming". I was told it was the tanks practicing gunnery.
Sounds like the game wardens are really in charge of security on a secure Military base.! Wonder if Ft Knox has similar protection ?

Well Mike, I'll make it to the Waxahachie show, but not the Fredericksburg, so It'll be a while before I get to see ya. Talk to you when you get back.

Thanks guys, leaving Tuesday morning. Hope ya find lots of good stuff!

What Tuesday ?. . . TODAY ??. . .
Holy snowflake Bat cave man ! The WX boys have declared north of Austin a "winter storm watch" area.

Mike mobile ice shields engaged !