Return to Website

AustinDiggers.com - Arrowhead Message Boards

THE MESSAGE BOARD POINT CHATTER IS NOW CLOSED TO ALL NEW POSTS.

WE HAVE MOVED TO THE NEW MESSAGE BOARD AND ALL NEW PICTURES AND POSTS WILL BE THERE FROM 4-16-2014 FORWARD.

THIS BOARD WILL CONTINUE TO BE HERE ONLY FOR INFORMATION AND TO READ / SEE ALL OLD POSTS.

GO TO AUSTINDIGGER.COM  - LOCATE THE LINK FOR POINT CHATTER II
AND LOG IN AND CHAT WITH US AND SHARE YOUR FINDS.
ALL NEW WEBSITE - ALL NEW MESSAGE BOARDS.

WE NOW HAVE PICTURE HOSTING !! LOG IN AND NOW YOU CAN EVEN POST YOUR PICTURES FROM YOUR PHONES - WELCOME TO 2014 HUH 8)

SEE YOU THERE - MICHELLE

Point Chatter - AustinDiggers.com - Arrowhead Message Board
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
dripping springs paydig

I went to Kens Rio Bravo Paydig in dripping springs Tx, on sat.I ended up finding thirteen broken or worked points.The only complete point i found was a nice little pedernales,but i broke the ear off somehow getting it out.After i was done digging Ken informed me i was digging in dirt that had already been sifted.maybe better luck next time.

Re: dripping springs paydig

Jake
It would have been nice to know that earlier. Kinda like second hand smoke it does not taste as good.

Seems kind of odd so many broke or worked pieces being left behind don't it? Are they that abundant there the screener would discard. Even a broke tip is a artifact.

Nothing unusual here Ron, couldn't count all the diggers Iv'e seen chunk broken points if they were not whole during the past 46 years of diggin Texas. When you are digging in some sites, yes, they are that plentiful. I have even waited until some guys packed up and left, then walked over to their piles of brokes on the top of the bank above the hole they dug, and scarfed them up. Matched many a tip to a base this way....nothing a little glue wouldn't fix!

Jake,

Has Ken opened up trenches for hand diggers or were you digging in dirt piled up by the backhoe?

Nate, you may be close to the truth of the matter ! I have not been out there in a long time but even in the earliest days of the site , there were at least 4
flavors of dirt scoops.
1. Huge piles of overburden that it was said TJ created getting to the lower camp level.
2. Overburden created more recently getting to other areas.
3.piles of quality soil awaiting screening by future
guests.
4. finished screened potting soil !

Hand digging around any "dugout" camp has possibilities But if its history is true, I'll dig all day in #1.
It's all indian country !

Nate,its just basiclly piles of dirt to sift.or dig in the outter camp,witch is very hard and rockie bank.