Return to Website

AustinDiggers.com - Arrowhead Message Boards

THE MESSAGE BOARD POINT CHATTER IS NOW CLOSED TO ALL NEW POSTS.

WE HAVE MOVED TO THE NEW MESSAGE BOARD AND ALL NEW PICTURES AND POSTS WILL BE THERE FROM 4-16-2014 FORWARD.

THIS BOARD WILL CONTINUE TO BE HERE ONLY FOR INFORMATION AND TO READ / SEE ALL OLD POSTS.

GO TO AUSTINDIGGER.COM  - LOCATE THE LINK FOR POINT CHATTER II
AND LOG IN AND CHAT WITH US AND SHARE YOUR FINDS.
ALL NEW WEBSITE - ALL NEW MESSAGE BOARDS.

WE NOW HAVE PICTURE HOSTING !! LOG IN AND NOW YOU CAN EVEN POST YOUR PICTURES FROM YOUR PHONES - WELCOME TO 2014 HUH 8)

SEE YOU THERE - MICHELLE

Point Chatter - AustinDiggers.com - Arrowhead Message Board
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Take a look at this!

goto http://www.news-journal.com/search/content/news/stories/2009/01/25/01252009_et_archaeology.html#comments

and take look and please leave a comment.I get mad ant they don't even want me to get started.LOL

Re: Take a look at this!

We went to an archaelogy/point identification seminar years back put on by Thomas Hester and the Witte Museum. At the onset of the meeting Hester started ranting about all the damage we were doing.
Not cataloging data,etc. When ask where all his finds were, he replied, and I quote "In boxes in the basement of the museum" I have all my finds documented, and in frames for people to see. If I'm a LOOTER, so be it. I find more surface points broken by ranch traffic,argriculture, etc. then I find whole. There aren't enough archeoogist in the world to pick up every scrap of lithic waste, so if they have a problem with diggers and surface hunters they can just deal with it. Sorry I get riled up to.{

Thats a huge amount of interesting info. Thats good that a Caddo culture site will be "properly" excavated, it's far different than scratching around a pile of burned rock.
For those with the money book, checkout the serations on the huge blades, under CADDOAN BLADE.

Sorry, I prefered not to leave a comment, the artical is so extensive it would be impossible to say anything that would not incite unhappiness from all three directions [ left, right & middle ]

Good posting, Tks

My family owned property in east Tex. for 4 generations. There were mounds on their land, and all my ancestors dug. They sold the land in the 20's. I don't have any of their points (unfortunatly) as they disappeared in the last 90+ years. We went back to the old home placeforty years ago, and part of one of the mounds was under a gas station. Doubt it was even excavated as an archaeologic dig. Just leveded.

Te, Thats a very interesting family backround story, and a sad ending !
How to properly deal with any irreplaceable ancient sites should have been given the same attention and protection as an
endangered species BUG.

At least future generations of school kids making field trips to historical locations in their own neighborhood will have no problem finding a parking space for the school bus.
Theres always plenty of room around the tire air pump island.