Return to Website

AustinDiggers.com - Arrowhead Message Boards

THE MESSAGE BOARD POINT CHATTER IS NOW CLOSED TO ALL NEW POSTS.

WE HAVE MOVED TO THE NEW MESSAGE BOARD AND ALL NEW PICTURES AND POSTS WILL BE THERE FROM 4-16-2014 FORWARD.

THIS BOARD WILL CONTINUE TO BE HERE ONLY FOR INFORMATION AND TO READ / SEE ALL OLD POSTS.

GO TO AUSTINDIGGER.COM  - LOCATE THE LINK FOR POINT CHATTER II
AND LOG IN AND CHAT WITH US AND SHARE YOUR FINDS.
ALL NEW WEBSITE - ALL NEW MESSAGE BOARDS.

WE NOW HAVE PICTURE HOSTING !! LOG IN AND NOW YOU CAN EVEN POST YOUR PICTURES FROM YOUR PHONES - WELCOME TO 2014 HUH 8)

SEE YOU THERE - MICHELLE

Point Chatter - AustinDiggers.com - Arrowhead Message Board
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
authenticating

I had a point i personally found and i was told it was a reproduction ..the place was virgin ground i dug it out of in bexar county it beats the heck out of me

they say in there opinion ??? do they really know for sure i guess they really dont know for sure and even let a fake point pass as a good point

its no different in a weather man predicting the weather !!

wish there was a way to know for sure because when you want to sell your points and there not paperd people tend to shy away from them !!

i have two clovis points and a scottsbluff i want to take and sell but i dont want to ruin my reputation by having a authenticater turn down any point i sell then i will have to give the person there money back and it will hurt me selling in the future

Re: authenticating

Hey Lee,
Who's opinion? If you haven't already, only send it to Dwain Rogers. FYI, you wouldn't be the first person to have found/dug a "plant". Happens all the time, especially at pay digs to build excitement and draw in clients. Just a thought. Paul

Lee Just like coins And the grading system It is all opinion. Some are just better than others But how do you put a value out on something with a mintage of 1.How Can you put a value based on someone's opinion. Has anyone ever sent The same artifact to different services? Has anyone ever tested the authenticator services by sending known modern points just to see what happens. What would happen If a modern point was papered As ancient? Dont mind me Just the merlot taking over.

Have some pay digs been planting Artifacts? And if so which ones

Leonard,
I haven't seen/heard of ANY of the current pay digs having ANY problems, and I personally have never witnesed a "plant" being found. I don't want to start any rumors. But I'm sure at least some of the "stories" I've heard in the past about seeding sites to keep customers coming back are true. Paul

Id love to hear true stories from any victims of such a scam

Douglas we must not be on the same Bac I am suffering from no comprende

THANKS GUYS WELL I DUNNO I WAS THINKING ABOUT THE NEW BECKENRIDGE AUTHENTICATION SOMEHOW LASERS TELL THE OLD FROM THE NEW AND SHOW HOW OLD A POINT IS ITS PERTY EXSPENSIVE BUT I HEARD ITS GOOD TO GO!!

IM DOING GOOD DOUGLAS THE SPIDER BITE IS ALMOST HEALED DIDNT RUIN THE TATTOO THAT BAD THANK THE LORD

BUT I HAVE A ISSUE IF THINGS KEEP GOING AS THEY HAVE BEEN !!! I HAVE NEVER HAD BAD LUCK THE WAY I HAVE HAD THE LAST TWO MONTHS MY VEHICLE HAS BROKE DOWN NUMEROUS TIMES , AT A COSTLY PRICE THEN I HURT MY KNEE, THEN THIS RECLUSE BITE !! AND TO TOP IT OFF MY FOOT HURTS SO BAD I CAN BARELY WALK WHICH I THINK ITS BECAUSE IT HAS TO CARRY THE WEIGHT OF MY FAT A-- ALL DAY LOL ......

WELL SEE YA"LL AT THE FREDERICKSBURG SHOW I SHOULD BE THERE AT TEN IF I CAN GET MY CAR FIXED TOMORROW EVENING AFTER WORK !!!

Lee what is wrong with the ride? what kind of car is it?

Lee, your situation is not the first we have heard of, if an Ebay piece fails, thats the norm, but not dug. For what it's worth, here's my thoughts on the matter.
Seems most of the online point dealers are "authenticators", no diploma needed and who knows what backround experience.
I'm a believer in using any technology to verify certain things [ along the lines you mention as being more expensive ]. A customer should ask what process will be used on his artifact. Other than U/V light, I would think a really powerfull microscope is a must.
Patina counterfiters are said to be true masters. . .
any spectrum anylisers to detect "modern" chemicals?

BEFORE the authentification deal is done and the point sent off, I would request a proper written "rejection form". Not just an over the phone
"I dont like it"
That form then would go to another authenticator to see if his second opinion on that basis has merit.

ITS A CHEVY TRACKER "SUZUKI ENGINE" I WAS TOLD THAT ONCE A CAR REACHES 135 THOUSAND PLUS MILES IT WILL START TO HAVE PROBLEMS ALSO I WAS TOLD SINCE ITS A FOREIGN CAR PARTS ARE HIGHER DUE TO EXPORT TAXES ECT

ALSO MECHANICS AT 75 PLUS A HOUR RATE !! THIS IS THE FIRST TIME IN THREE YEARS I HAVE EVER HAD THE CAR GIVE ME PROBLEMS EXCEPT FOR THE BATTERY I GUESS I SHOULDNT GRIPE

HAL YES I HAVE BOUGHT POINTS ON E BAY BUT BELEAVE IT I HAVE GOT MORE AUTHENTIC THAN I EVER HOPED FOR FROM THERE BUT ALOT I FIND MYSELF AND RESELL OR COLLECT

I THINK A FORM WOULD BE A GOOD IDEA !!

I have heard the ceo of gm As thic Mess was unrolling in the auto industry. The CEO of gm Said now we our focused on quality He admitted they wer not for a very long time